banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:45 pm 
Walleye

Just a quick note Sunday was a good day for the few boats who were out fishing south of Wellington. Personally we caught a sixteen lb. Chinook and two Steelheads. Fins & Feathers caught four Browns & a Laker.

This morning we lost a brown right at the back of the boat. Naughty Boy caught a couple browns & two steelheads and lost one.

I believe it won't be long before the Chinook will be here big time. :D I was rather surprised the probe was showing very little change in temperature running between 48F to 49F from 30ft to 90ft. Probably why the fish were caught running at all different depths.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:17 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Not to hijack your post we two where out on Sunday Off the Bonet, we went 10 for 12. All 10 where lake trout. Had to keep 2 as one inhaled the spoon and the other would not swim away. All came from 30 to 40 ftw. From any spoon that had orange on it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 pm 
Walleye

We were at the Bonnet too on Sunday and went 17 for 23 all lakers. Biggest we weighed was 24 lbs 11 oz. Are were in 50 to 60 feet on watermellon Apex and spoons

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:57 am 
Walleye Master

Congrats to you guys. Sounds like you had a blast.

We skipped out of work on Friday and headed for the Bonnet. We threw everything from rockets to xmas trees, spoons to stickbaits at them at them from 20-165 feet at 1.8-3.2mph. I'll use the excuse that all the winds and rain through the week must have turned them off as we never got a hit.
Still beat a day at work though.

Waves were 1-3' and it was windy all day. I'm still fairly new out on the big lake, but I am finding fishing seems better with calmer conditions. Anyone else find the same?

banner ad
banner ad