Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: ONE WINDY DAY IN JANUARY
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:33 am 
Guppy

Well learned my lesson this winter . When it's windy stay at home. Me and 3 buddies headed out off north end of big island january 17th ice was still shady in spots so we spudded our way out to the red can We set up out huts I had 2 ice anchors attached to my frabill dlx 1 man ice hut . After setting my other buddies 3 man clam up we were fishing . Wind was brutal but my little hut was holding in beauty . Couple nice eyes later at 10 o'clock I looked over and heard a big bang . The wind had flipped my buddies 3 man clam with all 3 of them in it and was dragging them down the ice , my first instincts were tO run and help stop it do I did got it stopped folded down back on to the sled lil damage to the front bar been fixed since lol. But as I turn around to go back to my hut it's gone . 300 yds down towards desert to I chased it for a goods other good 300 before I got 50 yards to it and noticed it was sinking . Hit an open spot of water and sank to bottom . In my hut had my 2 rods camo Remington coat Remington back pack with headlamps all my go pro accessories tackle box with couple hundred dollars in ice fishing lureGs. My minner bucket my ice ladle my lil heater . gloves hat you name it I had lost everything in that hut . did save my buddies 1000 $ clam and if I did not see the hut hit water I coulda ran into the water my self. So I learned my lesson this winter . Overall lost about 1000 $ that day through the ice . Not sure if any one living on big island has heard of anyone finding a hut pushed up on shore this spring . Be nice to maybe salvage the hut sled and poles . My luck didn't end there tho 3 weeks later in Stacey's derby fishing bayside dropped my iPhone 4s through the hole in 15ft of water with a life proof water case on it. Got the hole marked on buddies navionics haha maybe worth a try to swim for it . Well that's my rant about how I learned alot this winter with wind and unsafe ice. Scotty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:06 pm 
Walleye

Maybe the walleye in the bay can call the walleye in weller's bay............my buddy dropped his phone down a hole this winter also!!

banner ad