Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:07 pm 
Goby

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 am 
Goby

IT IS IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT ANGLERS CAN WEIGH IN AS MANY TIMES AS THEY WISH. IN OTHER WORDS YOU COULD POTENTIALY WIN $500 EACH HOUR!

REMEMBER OUR $2500 GRAND PRIZE FOR BIGGEST BASS OF THE WEEKEND

THERE IS ALSO TAGGED BASS WORTH $50,000

PLUS MANY OTHER GREAT PRIZES.

DONT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO GET YOUR TICKETS

We look forward to seeing you there!

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:28 am 
Walleye Master

IT IS IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT ANGLERS CAN WEIGH IN AS MANY TIMES AS THEY WISH. IN OTHER WORDS YOU COULD POTENTIALY WIN $500 EACH HOUR!

anyone else see whats wrong with this picture??

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 am 
Walleye Master

Many tournaments in the States are run this way with hourly payouts. It's live release, so you can't weigh in the same fish every hour. If you catch a fish that you think might win for that hour, weigh it in, and release it. I don't see anything wrong with it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:59 am 
Walleye Master

ok so when exactly does a fish become a part of your daily limit? i mean i catch a fish give to to a friend its part of my limit, does live reliece now make fishing unlimited?? who is responcible if the fish dies? you or the tourny directors?? Id like to know what the MNR would have to say about this

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:20 pm 
Walleye Master

Your daily limit only includes fish you are keeping. (or in your possession) If you choose to give it away, it does count towards your limit, because you are keeping it. If a fish dies, you can't enter it in the tournament, so keep it I guess, and enjoy the meal. You can catch as many fish as you want if they are released alive. I've read many posts on this forum, where people are catching 20-30 walleye/day. Perfectly legal if released.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:44 pm 
Walleye Angler

Grizzly wrote:
ok so when exactly does a fish become a part of your daily limit? i mean i catch a fish give to to a friend its part of my limit, does live reliece now make fishing unlimited?? who is responcible if the fish dies? you or the tourny directors?? Id like to know what the MNR would have to say about this

If you need information on the provincial regulations with respect to live "reliece" , please read the following. If you have further questions on the legality of tournaments and catch and release in Canada or the United States, please create a new thread.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/Le ... 98680.html

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent link Matt thanks for posting that.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:12 pm 
Walleye Angler

The down fall to that is the 1000 Islands area is the most heavily traveled waterway in Ontario on the weekends, it is crazy there with boat traffic. Not hard to find a back bay to fish but getting from one spot to another can be a challenge.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:22 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Once you retain that fish from some back bay and head to the weigh in ,that fish now counts toward your limit because it was not released IMMEDIATELY.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:26 pm 
Walleye Master

Wayne, read farther down..

Anglers fishing from a boat may now catch, hold and selectively live release, more walleye, northern pike, largemouth or smallmouth bass than the daily limit, provided:

(a) the fish are held in a livewell with a mechanical aerator operating at all times.
A livewell is a compartment designed to keep fish alive. For a livewell to be used to selectively release bass, walleye and northern pike, it must be attached to or form part of a boat, hold a total volume of not less than 46 litres (10 gallons) of water, have the capacity for water exchange and be mechanically aerated at all times when live fish are being held in it.
(b) the fish comply with any applicable size limits.

(c) the Sport or Conservation Fishing Licence daily catch and retain limits for walleye or northern pike are not exceeded at any one time.

(d) no more than six largemouth or smallmouth bass (or any combination) caught under a sport fishing licence are retained at any one time, and,

(e) the Conservation Fishing Licence catch and retain limits for largemouth and smallmouth bass (or any combination) are not exceeded at any one time.

Anglers are reminded to closely monitor the condition of fish held in a livewell. Only fish that are in such a condition that they will survive may be released. Releasing a fish that will not survive and allowing the flesh of that fish to be wasted is an offence. Any fish not live-released are part of your daily catch and retain limit.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:05 am 
Walleye Master

yes matt thanks for sharing that info. Im quite sure the rules were changed mostly to help out tournement fishing. why else would there be a need to catch and cull fish ?? i mean for the most part people arnt into keeping big fish for the table, and to eat.
I still dont see anything positive about people catching fish running them off there home waters t o be weighed in and let go, its one thing to catch a 4 fish bag come in at the end of the day for the weigh in, its another to catch fish after fish transporting them off there home waters to be weighed in. this puts a heck of alot of pressure on fish not to mention how it brings a ton of fish into one area to be relieced. and as i stated before i do wonder what the MNR would think about this way of running a tournement. There is alot of ways to look at this sort of thing and like most theres there is some good, and also some bad to most everything its all in how one chooses to see it, and for what reason they choose to look at it! .
And just for the record, like it or not, I will post when, where, and how i please, just like the guy who signed up , and created a name just to permote his derby on this board, its public, and a free forem. we all have the right to speak our mind, or express our feelings on the posts made here. enough said... Grizz

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:52 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Fireball are they weighing them right on the water and then letting it go,or do the anglers have to carry them from there boat to a weigh station on land?If so you are retaining that fish .

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 am 
Walleye Master

Cant honestly say i know. I fished this last year, scales were set up on the saturday, on the shimano live release boat. Never made another trip to the scales. No idea where the boat released the fish.

Most of the states events have on land weight in, with live well systems set up on land to hold fish, while waiting for weight in.

I think social media is some thing the people running this event need to look at.

If you can give guys a idea of the leaders, they wont bring the smaller fish in, personaly, i think you need a 5 or 6, or at minum a big 4, to win a hour, and wouldnt bring in any thing less.

That being said, most bass guys are happy to catch 1-3 bass over 5 pounds year on competive waters. sure guys catch them all day long on untouched back lakes.

They try and make this a family event, note the entry fee for 2-days $35.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:25 am 
Walleye Master

Just wanted to add,
The origanal talk about this event included a rule, That you could only weight in 1 fish per angler. per day.
And i think thats a good rule. boat traffic is a major problem in that area. add 50 boats trying to get in to weight there 3 pound fish.

banner ad
banner ad