Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:23 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

With the weather promising to be real good, RedcapBert, Laker John and myself thought we should go for a day fishing. It would give me a chance to haul the boat out as the dropping water levels have made the docking a low boat with a high dock a possible situation.

We headed away from Shermans Ramp to the big water of Adolphus Reach, it would give us a chance to troll four lines or more and have a look at that area in preparation for the fall.

We started west of Keiths Shoal and set out four lines, Husky Jerks (Shallow and Deep), Flicker Shad and Reef Runner. It was a beautiful day and so we trolled four several hours taking us past the Batcave. We saw one other boat with flat lines and downriggers, they signalled a zero on their boat.

As we drew close to the end of the troll, we said "One Last Cast", I start the blower and set the timer for ten minutes. Of course the inside planer board fired and we though weeds, but when the board went sideways, it was fish!!!!

RedcapBert handled the rod and Laker John took the board off and grabbed the net, the fish came to the surface and we could see MR Pike. John slid the net and the fish was ours, It had really hit that Husky Jerk, Two of the three Triple Grip Hooks held onto the fish.

A quick photo and the fish was released, it struggled for a second but flipped and was gone to the depths.

It's always fun to have my Dad land a fish, he enjoys each one.

We motored back to Mallory Bay for a quick spin around there with Uzick Spinners and Worms. The weeds were easy to find and that's where the fish are. Bert and I each landed a nice 17 inchers with our lures being pulled by the weeds, but on release from them, they were taken by the fish.

If you're not in trouble with weeds, then you're not in the fishy zone.

We called it a day at 1430 and headed to Shermans to take the boat out, back to Bayview, cover the boat, clean the fish and head back to Kingston.

We had a great day with great company and lots of fish chatter and telling of old stories, weather was superb and it was good to get out on the water.

Stay Tuned - Fall fishing is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:44 am 
Walleye

Thank you Superdad. I guess by the lack of reports you and I are the only people catching fish. Can't wait to get up there again soon.

Weeds are the ticket right now.

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:09 pm 
Walleye Catcher

thanks for the report David!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:09 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Great report as always David! Nice to see your Dad out with you, I miss those days of fishing with mine.

banner ad