Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:50 am 
Walleye Angler

21 Charges in Weekend Enforcement Blitz

NEWS
September 20, 2013

The Ministry of Natural Resources laid 21 charges and levied over $4,700 in fines during a weekend enforcement blitz in Northumberland County.

Conservation officers from Peterborough, Aurora and the Lake Ontario Management Unit, along with assistance from the Port Hope Police Service, checked over 200 anglers along the Ganaraska River and Cobourg Creek this past weekend during the fall salmon migration. They laid 21 charges with the most common offences involving snagging fish, fishing in posted sanctuaries, and fishing without a licence. Four individuals were also issued summonses to appear in court.
The Ministry of Natural Resources would like to remind anglers that it is illegal to hook or pierce a fish other than in the mouth, or use tackle such as large treble hooks weighted with sinkers for the purpose of foul-hooking fish. Any fish accidentally caught other than in the mouth must be immediately released.
For further information on fishing regulations, please consult the 2013 Fishing Regulations Summary at ontario.ca/fishing.
To report a natural resources violation, call 1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667) toll-free any time, or contact your local ministry office during regular business hours. You can also call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:49 pm 
Walleye Angler

3 cheers :D

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:28 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

right on hopefully they make there rounds over to the credit and bronte as well,its a snag fest over there as well.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

Don't be afraid to call out those hot spots where infractions are taking place. I've had occasion to speak with CO's at meetings and the courthouse in Picton and they are watching boards including this one.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:55 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

3 cheers for shooting fish in a barrel!!!!! And while we're at it, why don"t we become a finger pointing snitch brigade? Enforcement and education warranted? Are the servants short staffed and over worked? Indeed, but I'll (reserve) my cheers for when the "establishment" goes in to the dirty areas on its' own instead of engineering the docile minions do its' bidding. Especially when it is aimed at each other. 3 cheers my ass! Nuff said.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:32 am 
Walleye Master

10 million lakes in Canada its hard to have a co on each lake at any given time saying that the rivers this time a year make for an easy target yet 21 tickets seems very low if you ask me. seems they could write 21 a day every day for the next month not counting the last month and soon word would be out and there would be alot less horse cocky going on out there. just the fear alone would make people stay in check.in the states i have seen game wardens dress in plain cloths and actually fish right beside people, even go as far as help someone land a fish if the fish is foul hooked its still up to you to reliece that fish you put it on the stringer he will give you exactly whats coming to you . then you have the ones who are so crude they rip lines thru the water trying to snag fish they are easy pray to a worden and get tickets faster. i have watched wardens follow you back to your truck to give you a ticket so as to not blow his cover so he can go back to the waterand look for others... I have a good friend in NY who is a warden and they will make him drive 200 miles to the rivers in the height of season to work and he has told me stories of giving out more than 50 tickets in one day and this is an area where there is up to 5 wordens working one streatch of the river in a single day some in uniform and some dressed as fishermen, and they will all tell you the same thing , (Save your breath, and tell it to the Judge)

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:12 am 
Walleye Fry

That's awesome...I hope they keep it up after the end of the month because after the "river" season closes there's a lot of people still fishing up river!! :x
Each year, every day i'd telling people the rivers closed but they either don't know, can't speak english, or are just playing dumb?? It's funny how people scatter once you pull out a cell phone though!! :lol:

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:21 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Parksy wrote:
Don't be afraid to call out those hot spots where infractions are taking place. I've had occasion to speak with CO's at meetings and the courthouse in Picton and they are watching boards including this one.

Thanks for posting, Jason. Glad to hear they are following fishing boards such as this one.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:05 am 
Walleye Angler

assmonkey wrote:
3 cheers for shooting fish in a barrel!!!!! And while we're at it, why don"t we become a finger pointing snitch brigade? Enforcement and education warranted? Are the servants short staffed and over worked? Indeed, but I'll (reserve) my cheers for when the "establishment" goes in to the dirty areas on its' own instead of engineering the docile minions do its' bidding. Especially when it is aimed at each other. 3 cheers my ass! Nuff said.

I suppose ignoring violators and and blaming the MNR for every ill and not being everywhere at once is one way to go about wildlife conservation....

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:48 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Not what I said Parksy. I'm going to inform and educate in my own fashion if and when I see fit but I will never press send to rat someone out. The money " we " have sunk into that slush fund of a ministry does not deserve that from any of us. CO's, volunteers, and many others put on a brave with blitzes and fundraisers in a losing battle while our money goes to subsidizing everything except what those moneys were directly intended to fund . Let them ban commercial netting and boo hoo is me treaty exceptions and then you might find me singing another tune. My guess is all that manpower at time and a half and more, gas, insurance, crown attorneys, judges, and all the other public servants to enter and file the data cost a tad more than 5 Grand. Farcical attempt at best that won't change a thing by hitting easy targets as people understand the numbers say its' worth taking chances.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:12 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I dont know about the politics and where the money goes but I'll rat every one of them out and be glad to do it. They are wasting our resources for free meat / eggs and its disgusting. By putting an end to it you are helping yourself and your fellow honest fisherman. To stand by and watch someone snag a fish without doing something about it is wrong.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 pm 
Walleye Angler

Can you explain the dirty areas and what exactly the MNR should be doing in that regard?

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:45 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I don't know where the money goes............??????? Don't bother asking either. Lets "RAT" someone out instead. Put an end to what and what for? So more commercial nets and spears have more fish to hit?

Grizz hit the mark. Pick a populated area, set up shop with all the bells and whistles and cop a headline. Those aren't dirty areas. That was a feeble ploy to make folks think that being a rat is going to make even the slightest dent in what is really going on out there. It seems most are easily diverted from looking past the loads of crap the authorities feed them only to set their sites on easy targets as their puppet masters do. You aren't going to change anything cause rules, like locks, are for honest people. Set ups like that of the weekend only serve to make us grow angrier with one another instead of taking that anger, sprinkling it with a pinch of disgust and hurling it toward those that have pilfered our resource for decades.

I've so much more to say but I would #1. Be wasting my time.
#2. Be wasting yours.

Ass Monkey

Last edited by assmonkey on Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:22 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Just because it won't fix everything it's ok to let them snag and rip the fish open for eggs? That makes no sense. It's the same as hunting. If i see you hunting out of season I'm going to rat you out for that as well. Or if i see you breaking into a car or someones house. We have laws without them everyone loses. Ill be a rat and be happy doing it too. Where's my cheese at?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:55 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

:lol: It's right next to your whine come the spring Walleye run, er I mean slaughter. Every spring the bitch and moan session drones on and on and all everyone wants to do is the diplomatic eggshell tiptoe chicken shite dance. And I'm the one that makes no sense. Sheesh!! Are spears and nets much easier to ignore? We can't have it both ways but I guess taking it bent over all these years we're just become numb to the pain. White liberal guilt drives me insane.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
banner ad