Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:22 pm 
Walleye Master

Just wondering if anybody has launched out of there recently. I read some older posts saying that it was terrible there. I launched there about 3 years ago and didn't seem to have any problem, but maybe things have changed.
I have a 4X4 truck and a 16 foot boat.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:20 pm 
Walleye Angler

I can't speak to the condition of the marina launch......but it would be a very distant 5th if I were looking to launch in that area.

1. glenora on napanee side. I was there 2 weeks ago - water is perfectly low to see the normally problematic grate.
2. mc farlands
3. sand launch at the park on 33 behind lyons island.
4. picton
5. glenora marina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:28 pm 
Walleye Master

MattClapp wrote:
I can't speak to the condition of the marina launch......but it would be a very distant 5th if I were looking to launch in that area.

1. glenora on napanee side. I was there 2 weeks ago - water is perfectly low to see the normally problematic grate.
2. mc farlands
4. picton
5. glenora marina

Thanks for the info Matt, I appreciate it... I agree the Marina isn't the best launch around, but McFarlands has no docks this time of year, and I try to avoid Picton to allow room for the bigger boats to launch and park their trucks/trailers. I guess I'll have to try the Ferry launch or the Marina.
I assume the park on 33 is Finkles, which would be pretty dirty in my 16 footer..lol

Thanks again!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 pm 
Walleye

Can you guys elaborate a bit on the north Glenora launch (problematic grate???) and the Finkles (dirty??). I'm bringing a 22 footer down in a few weeks and had been told that those 2 ramps would probably be OK to use for my boat?? I usually stay and launch in Picton but staying in Napanee this time so was hoping to use one closer.....

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

just be carefull you have a look and make sure you dont have a big drop off at the end of the grate,it can make a rough time getting out and you could break trailer if hung up on grate,it happened to me a few years ago.i would launch at desoronto or picton,dont worry about the size of boat you have be safe and get to a good launch this is not the time of year to be takeing any chances of haveing issues at a launch.good luck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:00 pm 
Walleye Master

smilenwave17 wrote:
Can you guys elaborate a bit on the north Glenora launch (problematic grate???) and the Finkles (dirty??). I'm bringing a 22 footer down in a few weeks and had been told that those 2 ramps would probably be OK to use for my boat?? I usually stay and launch in Picton but staying in Napanee this time so was hoping to use one closer.....

Thanks!

I've never launched at either place, but I know if the winds are up, Finkles would be "dirty" for my little 16 footer crossing the Gap. It's not the launch I'm worried about, it's the location. Having a smaller boat, I usually decide where I'm going to launch by wind direction. In my case, I would rather travel by road than by water.
I can launch in shallow water, but in your case with the bigger boat, I'd be more concerned about launch conditions and water depth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:21 pm 
Walleye Master

You will have no prob launching a 22 ft boat at finkles or Glenora ferry launch May need 4x4 to get out of ferry launch but no biggy. It's steep and gets slippery.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:33 am 
Walleye

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:54 am 
Walleye

Where is this launch can't seem to find it on the launch map. http://www.quintefishing.com/Boat%20Launches.html
Thanks Skeet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:07 pm 
Walleye Catcher

The sand launch off 33, I think he is referring to the launch off Park rd. just east of the Glenora Ferry. It is directly across from keith's shoal. I have never used it so cannot vouch for how good it is, it is quite sheltered there but I don't think there is a dock.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

EvesR wrote:
the sand launch off 33, I think he is referring to the launch off Park rd. just east of the Glenora Ferry

Yes, 4km east of Glenora ferry on Park rd. Very shallow and flat - not suitable for big boats this time of year. No dock. All sand as the concrete pad will be out of the water. Good parking though....

Its marked on the Navionics community layer.

banner ad