Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:23 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:15 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Well I finally made it down for my first trip of the fall. My fishing partners met me early, early Saturday morning and we left my place shortly after 2 am and headed to Quinte, arriving in Picton around 5 am. Launched the boat and after a quick chat with a few of the guys at the dock, we made out way out in the dark. We headed East of the ferry and were trolling by shortly after 6am.

We marked decent fish but couple not get any taker, we continued on and after communitcating with a few guys out there, switched up a few things in our rod spread, we had a couple hits but the fish didn't stick.

With no fish yet we pulled our gear early in the afternoon and ran futher east to near Pryners. After working the area for a short time we finally get our first walleye (6.5 pounds) of the day around 3 pm. This was my new fishing buddy (reponded to open seat offer), Thuy, first walleye in his life, not a bad first.

Shortly after our first walleye my buddy, Scott, was up and landed and nice looking eye around 7 pounds.

We didn't find any of Quinte's 10+ pound eyes this trip but a couple of decent eyes for our first trip.

I personally did not catch any walleye this trip but I did land a nice little bonus fish, earlier in the dy before we caught our walleye. I was running a dipsey diver on one rod just for something different, I had just brought the line in to change the lure and had set it back out running with only 100 feet of line. After few minutes after to dipsey rod takes a good hit..... fish one, it was actually fighting very hard so I know it was not a walleye, I was thinking a bog sheephead, after a good battle, with lots of head shakes. We land the fish and after a few pictures she swims away.

A nice little 17+ pound lake trout. Not too bad of a bonus fish. My personal best take trout.

All in all a decent day for our first trip, a few nice fish, awesome weather and good company.

Back down in 2 weeks for a weekend trip, can't wait!!

JimW

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:56 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Congrats on the PB's either eyes or trout - all count on the bucket list.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:54 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Great report...that's a helluva laker!

banner ad