Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 6:40 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:36 pm 
Baitfish

Hello, there seems to be a lot of confusion about what happened to Charlie D. Here is the story as best as I understand it, although I am not 100% sure of the details either.

Charlie was out all afternoon fishing in his own boat with his friend Aaron. Later on around 6:30 Aaron needed to go ashore for a bit. When they were on their way back to launch, the came upon a man in a red aluminum fishing boat about 12-14'. Aaron heard the man refer to Charlie as "Chuck" which suggests he was well known to Charlie. He thought that Charlie called him Gus, or maybe "Goose" but he wasn't sure. The name could also have been something like Josh, or Bruce, or anything that sounds like that. Aaron did not get a description of the other man because it was dark and he was wearing a headlamp.

I am not clear exactly where the transfer took place, but I am told that they were out in the water. Charlie hopped into the other man's boat and Aaron took Charlie's boat back to launch. Charlie and the 2nd boater were meant to come back to the launch at 7 to meet up with Aaron but they never showed up.

Charlie's Jeep and trailer were at the launch and they were removed a couple of days later by family members. No vehicle or trailer of another boater was found there or anywhere else to my knowledge.

The coast guard looked actively before handing the search over the the OPP. There were choppers out for at least the first 2 days and many boats continued searching including SAR and locals out in their own craft.

NO DEBRIS has been found to indicate that a boat sank or capsized.

Divers were out on Saturday and Sunday and found nothing. SAR says that there is always debris when a boat goes over and have thus determined that that is not what happened in the area.

No other angler is reported missing.

The story extremely suspicious and all that I know is that detectives are working on it. But it is hard to know what to look for when we have nothing to go on about this other boat. That is all I know for now. I hope that the police and the local media will release more information. It is a very mysterious story and there is definitely someone out there who knows something and they are not talking. Today is Charlie's birthday and his very large family and group of many friends are worried sick. Including 2 daughters and a very young granddaughter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Just want to say thank you for the very detailed story, I think this helps give people a way bigger understanding to what this is.

I also would like to say I pray for his safe return and i am thinking of his friends and family and everyone involved.

Happy birthday charlie. come home safe

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yeah , really hoping for a good outcome no matter what the details .

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 am 
Walleye Angler

Thanks for the clarification....thoughts and prayers to Charlie and his family and friends

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

Come home safe Charlie, thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Jimbo

banner ad