Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Weekend Report
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:01 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Well two bass fishing buddies and I headed down to Quinte Friday after work, we stayed at West Lake Willows resort for the weekend, always a great place to stay.

Up early Saturday morning and head for the ferry launch frozen and a bunch of would be anglers hanging out on shore. We decide to go for breakfast and then back to our cottage to relax for a bit with the plan to go check the ferry launch around noon. After getting a tip from a board member that a few people had launched at Pryners and being inspired by watching tv fishing we head to Pryners after lunch. By the time we get to Pryners and launch we only fih for 2.5 hours, but at least manage to catch a 5 pound pike and a 6 pound walleye. Which were mighty tasting for dinner. Not a great start to the weekend up in beats not fishing at all.

Sunday morning we launch again at Pryners, make a short run to our first fishing spots. Shortly after setting up we have our first walleye of the day, a nice 9 pounder, a new PB for my fishing partner. We are pumped..... shortly after our first fish we catch...... nothing............ a couple hours later ................... nothing. Reports have lots of guys catching but no us.

After a short run to another area, based on some text message tips, we set up and finally after adjusting our presentation a bit we land another 5 walleye in 2 hours. Including a new PB for my second fishing partner.

Mot a great day compared to some other reports, but seeing my best day in 3 years fishing Quinte was 4 fish we were happy catching 6 in the end, a 5 pounder, two 9 pounders, a 10 pounder and 2 fish over 12 pounds each. Plus new personal bests for both of my fishing partners.

Would love to get out again next Sunday, but things are getting cold and snowy up Ottawa way and boat will probably be going away this week. If anyone has plans to fish this Sunday and has an empty seat and wants to fill it let me know.

Cheers

JimW

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

Post subject: Re: Weekend Report
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:51 pm 
Walleye Angler

Ya got me beat all to heck Jim!!

Zero for zero 'cause I didn't go!! Way to get 'em guys.

Maple

banner ad