Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:50 pm 
Baitfish

Well after weeks of eyeing up this spectacular body of water my uncle and I made an impromptu decision to head up to the BOQ from Niagara at about 9 Friday morning. I had been reading some articles found via google searches as well as some of the Forum topics. I had the necessary tools of the trade including my float suit, flasher and spud but no idea where to fish. First stop, Pro Tackle for 3 scoops of minnows and a few friendly words of advise pertaining to ice conditions and lure selection. I was told "use gold for gold." We made our way down to Bayside and using my Navionics app, found what looked like a good daytime walleye "hole." We ended up going 2/3 during the afternoon fishing from 15-20 FOW. Fish were caught with a chartreuse Swedish Pimple, Mepps Cyclops and a gold Mr. Champ type lure all tipped with a single chub.

Saturday we decided to change things up, and "went left" instead starting our day in about 13 feet of water on a contour line in close proximity to shallow water. We banged 3 fish between 730-800 and things were looking up until a school of Gar pike moved under our hut. Walleye disappeared. We walked out to deeper water for the midday fish and I hit 3 fish between 1130-1200 fishing a small hump in 15 FOW. A short window of fish than 2 hours of jigging them in, watching them inspect my lure almost up to the surface and than disappear! Another window between 3-4 where I landed 3 more fish and a blown fish at the hole just after 5. I ended the day going 7/8 with my biggest at 6 lbs, my uncle landed a 10lber on a glow in the dark spoon at 530. All of my fish caught on a silver Williams Whitefish on a 3foot rip and free fall, with intermittent periods of raising spoon 5-6 feet off of bottom and letting it free fall. Saw all but 2 of my fish before they hit! Big girls let go to swim another day, kept a few eaters.

A great trip, cant wait to return!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:14 pm 
Walleye

Nice work man. Good on you to figure things out for yourself on a new body of water.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:36 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Glad your visit to BOQ was a good one, thanks for sharing.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:51 am 
Jumbo Perch

Nice work!!! Glad that your spontaneous decision paid off so well!

banner ad