Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:43 am 
Walleye Angler

Hi All,

got out yesterday morning and glad I did. iced 12 fish with numerous lost and missed. the flasher was lit up like a Christmas tree all morning. Had 3 fish on the ice by 7am. All sizes of fish caught including 4 fish over 10lbs. Lost a giant at the hole that was well over 13lbs, just couldn't get her head up through the hole before the hooks pulled out.

I also hooked a very heavy fish that I couldn't move from bottom for 5 minutes, then it peeled 30 yards of line. finally got it up off bottom after 15 minutes. Fought it to the bottom of the ice and never saw the fish as my hooks got caught on the edge of my hole. Probably a big cat I'm thinking.

All other fish went back to swim another day.

Ice was a good 8" of solid black with 2-3" of white on top. 4 wheelers and sleds running all over, but no means am I saying that the ice is consistent everywhere, I'm just relaying what I saw. So please use common sense and still check as you go as the ice out there can change in a matter of feet.

Be safe and go get them as they want to play. Wouldn't have caught any of the fish without the flasher as they did want to be worked. But once interested they wanted to play.

Cheers,

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:04 am 
Site Admin

Awesome day Chris wtg. What's the parking situation there this year?

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 am 
Walleye Angler

Hey Dan,

The parking wasn't a problem, but may be now lol. People were parking on ice and in the lot. As long as they park the way they are supposed to then there shouldn't be any problems. The only thing that may shut it down is people not picking up their garbage. I took an entire garbage bag full of crap that people leave behind. If people continue to do this there is no doubt that all of our access will be cut off.

Please pick up after yourselves and clean up anything if you see if laying around to ensure we have public spots to fish.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:14 pm 
Baitfish

Thanks for the report.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:30 pm 
Walleye Master

Nice job Spox . I plan on my first trip out next tomarrow and I have my first weekend off comeing up I hope to play a few its been awhile ive been on the ice one time so far this season and that was 3 hours on Westlake a fun lake but no pigs so it isn't quite the same ..... if your out send me a text . grizz

banner ad
banner ad