Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:14 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:27 pm 
Walleye

Got out on the ice this morning at 6 am and set up in 18.5 feet off water and fishing by 615 started to mark fish right away. The fish were interested but no takers for about 45 mins. I could get them to come off bottom about 3 feet then back down they went. I tried everything for 45 mins and nothing worked so I tied on a glow buckshot with 2 minnows light it up and sent it to the bottom. I started to smash the bait in the mud 3 or 4 times and started to bring it off bottom a few inches and instantly a huge mark started to come up with it I started to reel up and jig hard and he just kept coming I stopped at 10 feet and wiggled it right on his nose and smash he hammered it. The fight wasn't that good till he got to the hole then the reel started to sing and I seen the fish. Took a while to get him back to the hole and his head up but finally got him on the ice 30.5 inches and 16.5 girth around 10.5 lbs my the fish calculator. I'm 90% sure it was a big male as it didn't have a huge belly on it Marked fish all morning ended at 830 with 2 more eaters one about 4 lbs and the other 2 lbs and lost 3 more one being another monster and watched her unbutton at the hole And countless short hits it was an awesome morning other then the winds and cold. Only on other hut that I could see out this am

fish tales

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:42 pm 
Walleye

i know i know... i would post a alot more if i had a digital cam i have been killing them ever since i got my flasher this year. A camera is next.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:19 am 
Walleye Fry

Can ya make it out Sun morning? I'm good to go if you are? Name the time...call me and we'll set up time and place to meet!
They better still be bitting...not like every other time ya tell me your slaying them and then i come up and get nothin!! :roll: :lol:

banner ad