Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:05 am 
Walleye Master

ok guys time is getting close so I figured id reach out a bit kind of rally the troops and pick up the pace a bit when it comes to the battle and its plans.
Some know the history and some do not so this is a little recap to bring things together and my way of supporting the cause.
4 years ago myself and landshark were speaking one day and thought it would be really fun to get together with a bunch of guys and have a little battle on the ice just for some bragging rights, have a lot of laughs, eat some food and catch a few fish . It started with 20 guys all invited to sit in a circle so we would all be in the same area doing a little ball busting.... we all had a great time and decided to toss some money into the hat and then give this money as a donation to a worthy cause (We chose the cops and kids program out of Belleville)
I believe we collected a little over $300 dollars for the cause . (Bragging rights went to Hodgy)
The next year We went bigger and better inviting all the guys from the board to join us for the second annual at a small charge and also asked people to bring along a prize for the kids as well so our donation would be even bigger so our second annual battle I believe we collected almost $1200 and also a bunch of prizes for the kids such a fishing gear, a few charter fishing donations from some local guides. another great turn out with close to 50 guys who came to the battle The bigger this became the harder it also became to organize and pull off that year we had a big snow storm days prior to the event yet a great time was had by all and again our donation was greatly excepted by the cops and kids .(Bragging rights went to Kevin Booth)

3ed annual was another great year this year we again reached out to the board looking for help from members again as each year things got bigger the more work it involved and this year Trophy hunter stepped up to the plate and took charge . we changed things up a bit and decided to also give to the men who came out as well so we reformatted a bit asked guys to bring a prize for a table sold tickets collected a little under $2000 and everyone who came also went home with a prize of some sort from the prize table Also we added a trophy it will pass from year to year with winners past and present added to it .. again a great success and a heck of a lot of work from a few I think there was a little over 60 guys who came to the battle (Bragging rights go to Donjon)
This year will be the 4th annual battle on the bay and Tim Sanson (Tylercurt) has stepped up to the plate to try to organize and run the show. he could use a little help, the cause could use a little help and with a little help from the board and its members I have no doubt it will be another great success, and a fun time had by all. there is a lot that needs to be done a lot of help is needed some guys need to commit there help in the way of food. set up break down. ticket sales prize donations need to be found, So in closing you all can see what A GREAT THING THIS HAS BECOME!!. It started small just a get together with 20 friends this first year we got flack called the good old boys club for not inviting everyone along . since then we invited the board and it became a whole lot of work for a very few guys . and its still a lot of work and it needs help to continue A thing like this will not run its self. committees need to be formed guys need to run different aspects of the show in order for it to work many are willing to come and participate but its still a very few that work to pull this together. Remember this is not about catching fish this is about board members coming together having fun on the ice gathering a donation to our future fisher boys and girls . and the cops and kids program .so please contact Tim (Tylercurt) sign up and commit your time to help make the 4th annual as good as or bigger than the 3ed annual Battle of the bay/ Thanks Grizz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:09 am 
Walleye Angler

[attachment=0]the real story.jpg[/attachment]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad