banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:33 am 
Minnow

After a few years of failed plans and dreaming, I finally made it.
Settled in Deseronto Tuesday night. I get to my motel and am greeted by my next door neighbor making a crack about my parking job. Nothing wrong with my parking :!:
Anyways, turns out my neighbor is Walleye Dreamer, the Ambassador :o Actually, he referred me to the place via the board, We talked a few minutes and he invited me over to talk fishing. After I was settled in I went over to sat hello. we chatted a bit, he filled me in on where all the amenities were and had a few laughs, the guy is pretty funny. :lol: I asked him about some of the areas that looked appealing to me on the charts and was firing up my navionics to show him, when he busted out the paper charts, He's not into gadgets, thinks they'll weigh him down or something :)
He pointed out some of the dangerous areas on the bay and some of the access points. I Had plans to fish in Belleville in the morning so he wished me luck and off I went.
This is how the trip went,

Wednesday, fished from from 6:30-6, moved three times, Went 3/4. two of them in the 4-4 1/2 lb range and a 2lber.

Thursday, went out in the morning with Walleye Dreamer and a couple of his friends, went 2/3, one at about 5 lbs and my PB. which was 7-8lbs. No hog, but you gotta start somewhere, right? :)
Same morning got to see Walleye Dreamer land a 10+lb and his personal best of 13.2 lbs. I was happy to be there, the man earned that fish. Pm bite was not on, one of the boys managed to mark one and caught it.

Friday, went out in the morning with Walleye Dreamer and his friend, went 12/12, missing a few. all in 4-5 lb range. Awesome morning!!! Slowed down at around 10 am for me, started packing up. Off the ice and homeward bound by 12

Although I didn't catch any double digit pigs, there wasn't a fish that I was not thrilled to catch. I had a great time and, was happy enough to have seen big fish caught!
For those of you that are local to BOQ, you are lucky to have such an amazing fishery so close to home.

Want to Thank Walleye Dreamer for his hospitality & help, for introducing me to some good people and for putting me on some fish. This guy is truly, old school cool!
Larry, it was a true pleasure meeting you and your friends, hope we can do it again soon!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:29 am 
glad you had a good time. it is quite funny how i find good people your a hoot to fish with also. keep in touch glad you got home safe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:30 am 
Walleye Angler

This is a good post that tells what fishing is all about. People getting together to tell their tales of good outings and often about their bad ones to. Good or bad a day on the water is better then any day not. Praise to the board members who take the time to help newbies and out of town people to get on the fish.
Have a good one, rob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:27 am 
Walleye

I met walleye dreamer yesterday, he is a great guy. Very knowledgable too. He shared info with me as well...thanks bud it was great meeting you, thank you for your help.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:53 pm 
Walleye

Great report and well done Walleye Dreamer for sharing your know how!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:53 am 
Walleye Wisdom

nicely done boys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:05 pm 
Guppy

sounds like a great weekend

banner ad