Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:13 pm 
Walleye

Hello All...I trust everyone is enjoying the Hardwater season so far...be safe.

I just wanted to share an experience and moreso tip my hat to Dan and everyone else involved with the this Site and especially those who take the time to post results.

I fish the BoQ usually 2 trips (Spring and Fall) I moved away from the area some 20+ years ago and look so forward to my trips back whenever I can. I have also had the opportunity to meet a few new friends (forum members) and will look forward to meeting a few more.

I also fish with a large group called the Father-Son fishing weekend and for years we have been washing lures in places like the French River and many Northern Lakes. Each year it seems the same story...a measly 2 or 3 pound Pike usually takes home the ugly trophy we've assembled with most guys getting skunked but without reserve much fun is had. After several attempts of trying I have finally convinced the fellas to give BoQ a try...June 13 weekend. Agreed not the absolute best timing but sure beats our usual end of June date.

This site was instumental in not only convincing the 12-16 guys, but we booked our accomodation from this site and probably more importantly I have looked back over 12 years of posts (since 2002) to help determine our weekend and put together a strategy that might put these guys on something other than a measly little Pike.

An absolute incredible accumulation of (historic) info to be had if one only took the time to read through them...some pretty funny stuff in there too I might add.

And for you guys that take the time and regularly post your results and tactics and ventures...a big thanks, it worked!

Steve
WalleyeWon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:33 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Glad to hear that the site has helped you and your crew.

Fishing Mid-June can be good, by then they have more or less settled into some of the summer habitat.

Lotsa Luck in June

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:12 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

these forums are a great place for anyone dropping lines in the BOQ...great guys(most),good advice(most) and a general feeling of being welcomed.....aside from the odd spat or arguement but i know for certain,most of that goes away after the first meet/handshake.....stay safe,and good luck guys
herchimer is re*!#ded thick,i had to extend the handle of my auger and still wasnt through!!(mind you i wasnt at mid bay,about halfway to the middle)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:01 pm 
Walleye Master

I would like to say that this is the best forum on the planet and here is why. I am a very, very avid fisherman and I love to hit the hard water. Most years I pretty much live out there but this year I have been down for the count with some pretty serious health problems that I am still not sure about. I have been answering many PM's to fellow board members about where and how to get onto some fish and it brings me great joy to here there results. I then started to receive messages about where I have been and if I have been out or was I going out and I must say I am very touched by the actions of many of you guys and your offers to get me out there for a fish. I have had guys offer to even pull me out in a sleigh " Chris Langeman " or jump on there bike with them "Jeff Chisholm" and a couple days ago "Dan Elliot" sent me a message offering to come here and load my bike, hut and anything else he could do to help get me out. I also just checked my answering machine and found a message from Grizzly "Chuck Kastenhuber" and he said he was on the Bay and If I wanted to come and join him give him a call back. My young friend and a kid that I would be proud to call my son Dave Thompson has also offered to get me out as well as many others on this board. This is unbelievable and I want to take the time Right Here and Right Now to tell each and every guy on here that this comradery means more to me than words can express and I am very blessed to know you all. I love to see all you guys Ball Bust, Bitch, Laugh, and catch some fish and when the rubber hits the road you all come out as friends. Every Battle of the Bay I never worry about catching and weighing in a fish because I am doing something I enjoy as much as fishing and that is getting around yapping to you all and making a video to post on the board. If you notice I do allot of laughing in the videos and that is because I am so full of joy to see a brotherhood that nothing in this world can top and it just makes me very happy to see that there are still great people in this world and that they can all come together on a little piece of ice to show some kids that they have a heart and that there is still good in this world. Thank You all so much for being my friends and brothers... Fred...

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:02 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hell Fred you got me all teary eyed :cry: and I was just going to ask you if i could take Elvis fishing :lol: I hope you get feeling a little friskier by the first , wouldn't be the same without your camera work ! bout time for a little mandolin pickin " to the tune of the beverly hillbilly's
LoL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:35 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I’ve got to say this Board is a definite learning tool. I’ve gotten so much from reading posts from Grizzly, Al, Fred, Landshark and the many others. Almost everything I know about Walleye has come from this board and its members (didn’t have a clue what a walleye was when I moved here). Now I enjoy helping others that have questions about the Bay both on hard and softwater, Like Grizzly says “get a little, give a little”. That being said we hope to see you Fred out at the Battle, even if it is in a referee’s position..lol I’m sure there will lots of offers to pick you up and get you to the ice. Great job on the Site Dan!!!!!!
Tim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:32 pm 
Minnow

WalleyeWon wrote:
Hello All...I trust everyone is enjoying the Hardwater season so far...be safe.

I just wanted to share an experience and moreso tip my hat to Dan and everyone else involved with the this Site and especially those who take the time to post results.

I fish the BoQ usually 2 trips (Spring and Fall) I moved away from the area some 20+ years ago and look so forward to my trips back whenever I can. I have also had the opportunity to meet a few new friends (forum members) and will look forward to meeting a few more.

I also fish with a large group called the Father-Son fishing weekend and for years we have been washing lures in places like the French River and many Northern Lakes. Each year it seems the same story...a measly 2 or 3 pound Pike usually takes home the ugly trophy we've assembled with most guys getting skunked but without reserve much fun is had. After several attempts of trying I have finally convinced the fellas to give BoQ a try...June 13 weekend. Agreed not the absolute best timing but sure beats our usual end of June date.

This site was instumental in not only convincing the 12-16 guys, but we booked our accomodation from this site and probably more importantly I have looked back over 12 years of posts (since 2002) to help determine our weekend and put together a strategy that might put these guys on something other than a measly little Pike.

An absolute incredible accumulation of (historic) info to be had if one only took the time to read through them...some pretty funny stuff in there too I might add.

And for you guys that take the time and regularly post your results and tactics and ventures...a big thanks, it worked!

Steve
WalleyeWon

WalleyeWon, if you would like to do some pike fishing check this area out. In the spring and in the fall I run charters for pike. The average weight would be 6-8 lbs. I would let my group keep only 2 fish per person and anything under 5lbs and anything over 10lbs is released. This past fall I boated 186 pike and one 14lb musky, the largest pike was 16.1 lb
https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=42.582916 ... 1&t=h&z=14

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:12 pm 
Guppy

Hey WalleyeWon,

Where are you planning to be fishing in June. If its Big bay, I can probably give you some pointers. Some friends and I have been fishing out of Baycrest Marina for 5 days each June for about 10 years and usually do very well. This year we'll be there June 8-13 so should have things well sorted out by the weekend. I'd be happy to pass along what has worked for us and where it worked.

Cheers
Doug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:33 am 
Walleye

Fellas...thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Fred...I must say yours in one of the many posts I look for so for the sake of the forum we need you back out fishing so you can continue to post results with everyone else. Sounds like if a lot of guys had their way you'll be out sooner than later...hope you heel up quick.
Superdad (David) I would be remiss if I didn't tell you yours are also go to reports and so many more to list...keep them coming guys.

Three Bouys...thanks for the info, Lake Erie is definitely on my Bucket List and you just may see me.

Doug...we will be staying with Merland Park in Picton bay because of our numbers and most of the guys will be locked into that area as rental boats will be used. However I will be bringing down my own boat and will be able to access various parts of the Bay. I was planning on fishing Telegraph Narrows with my crew only because when I fished the Bay regularly back in the 80's that was always a "go to" spot for me and I haven't had a chance to get back since. So I may very well take you up on the offer and you can likely expect a PM when we get closer.

Tim (Tylercurt) ...I am saving a seat for you, my boat will be down on the Tuesday (June 10).

Hopefully I will get a chance to meet a few more forum Members in June and you can expect my full report on the fishing.

Cheers all...
Steve
WalleyeWon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:04 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks Steve, Looking forward to it...