banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:11 am 
Walleye Master

There seems to be a lot of different opinions/experiences on this topic. Sounds like it's all in the battery. So I'm assuming if the $10 attachment teamed up with whatever drill/battery Comit is using on an 8" Swedebore can compare with the Vexilar K-Drill, (20+holes on 1 battery) the drill/battery combo Comit is using sounds like it's the best.
Obviously ice thickness is a factor, but I'd be happy to get 5-8 holes on 1 battery.
Comit...do you know what size/power battery is on your drill??

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:43 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Got the K-Drill out today. As advertised it drilled about an inch per second. Used a friends Dewalt (no extra handle) with 5 yr old batteries. Got 8 holes in 24" ice before it showed signs of slowing up (one battery). He admitted the batteries were not as good as when they were new. The auger itself was hugely expensive though. Oh well, I got it now I am certainly going to enjoy the ease of use and light weight (9 lb).

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am 
Jumbo Perch

Here is my video. Weight correction with fish scales - 11 lbs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87gFrCbikU4

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:15 pm 
Walleye Angler

Walleye 9 wrote:
There seems to be a lot of different opinions/experiences on this topic. Sounds like it's all in the battery. So I'm assuming if the $10 attachment teamed up with whatever drill/battery Comit is using on an 8" Swedebore can compare with the Vexilar K-Drill, (20+holes on 1 battery) the drill/battery combo Comit is using sounds like it's the best.
Obviously ice thickness is a factor, but I'd be happy to get 5-8 holes on 1 battery.
Comit...do you know what size/power battery is on your drill??

Thanks

Missed this a couple weeks ago....
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/18v-ham ... ver/861855
The Battery is 18V X4 3Ahr Battery, kit came with two batteries so always have lots to spare for my neighbour on the ice if they need a hole...

Did 3 holes the other day on a back lake and the tip of the drill was under the ice (30"). I Just put that battery on the charger to get ready for tomorrow and the it has more than half a charge still. Have a sore wrist though as I did not put on the hammer drill handle for the extra grip and gave my wrist a good twist when it stuck at the bottom and I tried to loosen it in reverse. Ouch...

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:09 am 
Jumbo Perch

Good choice Comit.
I was also looking at this one with 4ah batteries. Only another $40.

[http://www.lowes.ca/drills/dewalt-20-volt-12-in-cordless-brushless-lithium-ion-screwdriver-with-hard-case_10957455.html&linkloc=cataLogProductItemsImage/

Maybe next year we should organize a 1st Annual Auger Off Competition. Different categories, hand, electric, gas and maybe even spud.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:19 pm 
Perch

I bought the Homedepot Rigid kit with the 3 AH batteries. Seemed like a good deal considering the 3 AH batteries were $120 each. Tested it out with the K-Drill at Huffs a couple of weeks ago and drilled about 6 holes in 16" of ice used one battery and still had some juice left. didn't land any fish but the happy with the performance of the drill and auger combo was good. The drill is fast, one inch per second...

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:28 pm 
Goby

I found some high quality drill battery at low price in this store

banner ad
banner ad