Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:11 pm 
Walleye Fry

just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to finally catch a walleye through the ice? its been years since I caught one... Been going to point anne narrows but not having any luck, I see a lot of huts off pete's point anyone know the they are catching them in that area?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:27 pm 
Walleye Angler

The fact that you have not caught one in years, might suggest changing your tactics, as opposed to your location. Do you use a flasher?, do you get out to the somewhat deeper water?, do you use appropriate line?, are you using an effective lure or other bait?, are you are seeing fish on a flasher and they don't commit? ,(try some of the techniques mentioned on this board), are you trying early morning or early evening ?......all this info is on this board, if you search for it.....maybe try another spot....also on this board.......including a map with locations that all hold fish (ie Huffs.....ie Bayside....ie Snake Island....apparently its on fire!...and close to your location :lol: ) Hope this helps ,would like to hear you at least got one!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:42 pm 
Guppy

was looking on the map for snake island but no luck on finding it Hoping to get back out sunday and possibly monday, without any mishaps this trip.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:54 pm 
Walleye

If your coming through the point Anne narrows heading west snake island is just to the right. It's been destroyed by cormorants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:33 am 
Walleye Master

Get the Navionics app. Well worth it.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:02 pm 
Guppy

West Lake Willows, I see you have the upgrade to the Navionics app.. Do you fish the mass pt area much and if so how accurate do you find it? it is obviously much more detailed then the older version. Just want to know if the depths/contours are actually correct? Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:23 pm 
Walleye Master

I don't fish that area very much so I honestly can't speak to that out of personal experience. I do know that in general it is pretty accurate. I have two friends that both guide on the ice and one has specifically said that area is very accurate. He fished a "spot on a spot" that he located using the app and he has been guiding that area for years.

What is VERY important to note that the Navionics plus data on the app is the same as the "sonar charts" layer on a graph when using the Navionics plus or updates chip. This data will come from users that record their sonar logs and upload the logs. Navionics has been collecting this information from prostaff for years. Now any hummingbird or ray marine user can record their sonar logs upload them to Navionics.com and have that data turned into charts for everyone with the app, or a plus/updates card to see. So the upgraded data is very very accurate. You can even map lakes that don't have any charts preciously on them. Exciting stuff.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:23 pm 
Walleye Master

I'll make a post shortly showing some of this information.

Scoff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:05 pm 
Guppy

is the nav+ available on android? I was looking to find the upgrade and can't seem to find it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:19 pm 
Walleye Master

LuckyStrike wrote:
is the nav+ available on android? I was looking to find the upgrade and can't seem to find it.

Unfortunatly, I don't think it is available on Android.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:54 pm 
Walleye

What about Blackberry? I have the z10 and would love to have it.

RangerZ20[size=200][color=#0040FF][/color][/size]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 pm 
Guppy

that's too bad.. but thanks for the info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:34 am 
Walleye

I heard its coming soon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:37 pm 
Walleye

I just purchased a samsung galaxy S4 for this exact reason!!! anybody want a boat anchor, er... I mean Black Berry?