Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bain park location
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:23 am 
Walleye Angler

How does Snarfy/Mac get to bain park? I heard that a troll looks after payment for use of a plowed path. $20 is reasonable LOL. Directions to park should be listed with Tylers directions/maps. Any help would be great.
Snarfy

Post subject: Re: Bain park location
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:30 am 
Walleye Angler

A well deserved dig Snarfy.
Good job.
donn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:58 am 
Walleye Angler

Get off 401 at Glenn miller exit. Head south to Hamilton road. Head east on Hamilton and turn into RCAF rd. head south right down to the water. Park in lower parking lot and you can't miss the trail as you drive in. Don't be afraid to say hey to the guy on the red arctic cat with plow ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:18 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Snarfy
Sorry I didn't have directions to Bain on the map, when I lived that way nobody fished that area as access to the ice was an issue....lol Basically the map is places I have fished and walked out too. It has been added... And your account has been charged the nominal $5 fee for accessing the map. Thank you for your patronage....lol
Tim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:34 pm 
Walleye Angler

Tyler, you have done a great job and I hope its been well rewarded with Quinte gold. The five dollar charge is fine but we would have to drink a beer together. Ok a few beers as I would get Mux to drive me and Mac home.
Fishinmagician says a twenty dollar charge must be paid to the troll at the the road edge, so all in all $25 bucks get me out on the hard water. I will keep an eye out for the Artic Cat with the plow. I have a 550 Yamaha grizzly and a red flip hut. Thanks to both of you for the information.
Snarfy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:27 pm 
Walleye Angler

Am I reading this thread right to read that some slug is trying to charge people anything for plowing a road on the ice that he doesn't own and has done likely for his own self after others having plowed a road out there earlier this winter?
I really hope that this isn't true because if it is I will have someone else plow a road right beside it for free as how low do u have to stoop to try to make a buck off other??
U know it never seems to amaze me how low some people wil stoop to make a buck by using this forum?
I seriously hope this is not true but if it is this person should feel like a real bag of crap for taking advantage of people who can't afford to have the means to get out there!

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:51 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

The Troll that stands beside the road and charges you $20.00 is just a joke,if you read some of the other posts you would see that. :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:36 pm 
Walleye Angler

Just to clarify things so I don't get a bad name Paul. My name is Rob Henry and I have been plowing that road out to the red can at Bain since there was snow. Yes I plow it for my own use. No there is no fee. No there is no troll. Yes everyone can use it. When we got dumped on with all that snow I couldn't keep up so I requested some help. Thanks to those people(you know who you are)!! The road has recently been completed again an better than ever. A group came from Hamilton today and drove their car out and back. It takes alot to gain respect from people and very little to lose it. I do not want my name tarnished here. I have been running people in and back for no exchange of money or anything, just a hand shake and I get to know you a little better. I was once in the position where I only had a hut and no atv or sled and had to make the journey with two feet and a heart beat. I was offered many rides and I never once turned one down. I am simply returning the Favour to the community. So no I don't feel like a bag of crap, I actually feel pretty good about myself!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:59 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Rob, you've done a great job and I’m sure many appreciate it, most of us get the humour of the troll with a toll, guess you have to be on the board awhile to see who posts what and see the humour in it, nobody I know would even think of charging for something like that. As for Snarfy I’d like to share a beer as well and Mac can drive us all home…lol.
Paul… Sounds like it was an honest mistake, if you would have seen some previous posts you would have understand the joke..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:07 pm 
Walleye Angler

The toll troll. He'll get yeah ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:26 pm 
Walleye Master

Another big thanks to the troll! I used the road to get out there tonight. It would have been a long exhausting walk through the snow without it. Great job to everyone who helped make it happen, it is really appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:34 pm 
Walleye Angler

Looking forward to being able to drive out there tomorrow.

It looks like I may be joining you and Swannie on Saturday Rob for the run and gun. Hopefully I'll do better then last Sat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 pm 
Walleye

Walleye 100% Club wrote:
Am I reading this thread right to read that some slug is trying to charge people anything for plowing a road on the ice that he doesn't own and has done likely for his own self after others having plowed a road out there earlier this winter?
I really hope that this isn't true because if it is I will have someone else plow a road right beside it for free as how low do u have to stoop to try to make a buck off other??
U know it never seems to amaze me how low some people wil stoop to make a buck by using this forum?
I seriously hope this is not true but if it is this person should feel like a real bag of crap for taking advantage of people who can't afford to have the means to get out there!

Paul

Was s out 2 week ago when my buddy layed the truck up on a lrg drift 630 last ones on the ice... or we thought, and a red truck came accrossthis guy jumps out hooked up and pulled us out said his name was rob, said hes been there and someone did it for him and hes been doining it for others ever since... 1 week later i learned it was the magician. Saturday we are going fishin. Doesnt know me from.... adam, I just asked if I could join him. Thats the guy with the trolls

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:57 am 
Walleye Angler

Well that was fun! Next time I will PM jokes.
Snarfy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:12 am 
Guppy

Thanks a lot for plowing road me and my dad are walkers and we wouldn't be going out there if it wasn't for you, id gladly give the troll 50 bucks anytime thanks again.

banner ad