Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: lets see those reports
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:32 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Congratulations to all those people who managed to get out today for Browns out of Wellington. I was in tears as I drove into Wellington picking up materials for the property and looked across at the Beach St. launch and saw all those trailers. Hope you all felt pity for those that had to work on such a beautiful day. Make me cry, lets see those reports.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:20 pm 
Walleye Master

It certainly was a beautiful day to be out in the boat. Not much to report here though. Tried to the west and found 40-41 degree murky waters and tried every colour and style stick bait and spoon in the box between 4-20 FOW at 1.5-2.5 mph. But at least I washed the winter dust off everything and it sure beat going to work.
Rest of the waters in the area were crystal clear and 37-38 degrees. Hope someone has a better fish report than we did.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:58 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Great day to get out and knock the cobwebs off all the gear , we fished east to west point , good mudline water temp was 44 degrees in the mud close to shore 38 -39 on the edge out to the clear water , picked up a nice brown on a stick bait in 8 fow , not much else happening a few rips that was it :D gotta say thanks to my net man Fishingfanatic Dave the brown was jumping and putting on quite a show and Dave scooped it clean out of the air LMAO

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:01 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Laker John and I arr'd at the Beach Launch at 0730 and ran into Trophy Hunter, exchanged greetings and we headed out. Started fishing at 0800, trolling west in 6 - 10 feet of water dragging stickbaits. Some of our 'Shallow' baits began hooking bottom on the lake side, must have been some rocks?????.

Trolled an hour west and turned back, changing lures, going to a pattern that worked last year, the Evil Eye spoon. At 0925, the inside board of the shore side fired and the fish jumped right away. Brought the board in and with only 30 feet behind it, the fish was close. John scooped and the fish was ours.

We continued to troll the shoreline with no further results, finishing the day exploring the deeper water to see if the fish had moved out from the shallows with the bright sun, nothing...

Took a shot for the history file of the 1st fishing tip of 2014 (Soft-water version)

Hit the launch at 1430 and headed home, there were still five other trailers there when we left, it was a very busy ramp.

Snapped another shot - just in case.

It was a great day to be out on the water, sunny, slight breeze adn to escape the grasps of the long and cold winter made it most enjoyable.

Stay Tuned - at Least one more trip before the 3rd of May

David aka Superdad

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:48 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Nice fish fellas!!! I did not fish wellington, but i did fish the Bruce A outflow on lake Huron Friday!!!!! What a blast!!!! Mixture of Bows and Hoes!!! Heres a couple pics.............

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:03 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Looking good! I'm dying to get out! Just taking the boat out now!

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:05 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Great posts guys! Love to see some soft water reports, hoping to sneak in a trips for browns before walleye opener

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:05 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Great posts guys! Love to see some soft water reports, hoping to sneak in a trips for browns before walleye opener

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:28 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Water Temps......

Yesterday, Saturday the water at the mouth of West Lake was 42 degs and we ran the west shore and it dropped down to 38 Degs.

David aka Superdad

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:41 am 
Walleye Catcher

Nicely done can't wait to get the boat out, we are still iced in around my neck of the woods

banner ad