Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:06 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:25 pm 
Walleye

Thinking about making the 10 hr trek from durham region to chapleau for some fishing....perhaps lake windermere or missanabie perhaps dog lake either way cant go wrong.....I no guys that have been going there for 5 yrs now each summer and they say its unbelievable not of question to catch 150-200 pickerel per person per day and there are huge pike there as well and even trout if you wanna look for them

anyone been ?
was also just thinking of trying matchewan/new liskeard a bit closer but not so sure results will be the same

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:53 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

To fish walleye or pike I myself wouldn't,I can catch all the walleye I want to catch 15 min from home.Now if you say speckles and splake and lake trout from the northern lakes that's another story.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:35 pm 
Walleye Master

Years ago we used to fish New Liskeard area (Quebec side) and catching 50-75 walleye a day was the norm for 3 guys in a boat. We went every year for a week for about 15 years. Unfortunately, this was around the late 80's into the early 2000's and not sure if it would be the same now, however it wouldn't surprise me if it was. There was very little to no fishing pressure at all, unless we were on the bigger lakes where the population was a bit higher. There was hardly any people fishing the small back lakes, and if there was, it was people from far away (different provinces, USA) No locals.

Gotta love Northern Ontario/Quebec... So many great fishing opportunities!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:40 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

I'd say it's one of those things to do and cross off the bucket list. And then do it again. We drive from the Durham region for a fly in trip every year. Cochrane, Nakina, Hearst are the places we've gone to. I wouldn't hesitate to go to the Chapleau area either.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:12 am 
Walleye Wisdom

My answer is yes!! I have fished missinaibi and its incredible fishing! Check out whitefish falls on YouTube. The scenery, history, the provincial park, and the river is awesome!! Watch the bears tho!!
PM me if u need any details!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:19 am 
Walleye

pm sent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:45 am 
Walleye

I have gone up there (Missinaibi) every summer for the past 10 years. there are definitely lots of eyes to be caught.....I don't know about 150-200 per guy a day. I would say I have that lake pretty well dialed in.
about 10 years ago a women and her husband were camping near whitefish falls when they were attacked by a bear and the women didn't make it. this scared off allot of campers and the park doesn't see as much traffic anymore. shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to fill you in on the specifics.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:52 am 
Walleye

If say go we used to go to wakami river area and there are two lakes just loaded with eyes and big pike but the drive is a killer now we go once every five yrs for a trip we have dialed the eyes in about 10 mins from my house but still something to take of bucket list like other guys said for sure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:08 pm 
Walleye Angler

Love Missinabi Provincial Park. There are some great streams around it where specks can be found in abundance, and the lake itself holds some great walleye fishing. Only place I have ever caught a walleye in more than 40 feet of water. We fished shoals for 3 days and got nothing. The last day we decided to fish some of the marks in 40 feet of water and limited out in 3 hours...the first three days weren't all that bad though! Caught lots of Pike, including one over 15lbs. right off the dock. Worth the trip, but the road was gravel and in rough shape when we went in August. Also had our campsite torn apart by a bear when we were cleaning our fish at the shack...slept in the van that night!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:45 am 
Walleye

booked july 18th at http://www.moosehorn.net/chapleauontari ... ishing.htm
although their lake is smaller and not anywhere as good as miss prov park the owners said they have 10 lakes all within 20 min drive,they will put us onto pickerel lakes whee 100 day is not out of the norm,also places for bass/pike...and creeks/streams nearby loaded with trout for some extra fun maybe a windy or rainy day???
fantastic reviews on this place and good pricing + the accommodations are incredible so why not go in comfort huh? we spoke on phone 2X with them and feel very comfortable staying there,they were 100% honest saying the lake they are on isnt easy to catch eyes on during daytime hrs cuz its so clear but early morning and evening can be very good but plenty of bass/pike in the day to be caught if we choose not to try another lake
we will see

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:59 am 
Walleye

looks like friday AM we head out figuring its gonna take us about 8 hrs,sultan road will shave a good 60 mins off our drive...good deal I think....$300 p/p for entire week includes boat/motor/all gas and all bait and a room with a kitchen and 3 bathroom + sat Tv Oh yea, and tons of fish waiting to be caught...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:40 am 
Walleye Angler

Have a great trip, and super fish. Careful on Sultan road, logging trucks tend to throw stones
at your windshield. Good luck guys.
Donn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:43 am 
Walleye

Heck of a deal sultan road is nuts lol post a report when you get back and pack lots of bug spray

banner ad