Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:00 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

After a very very long winter, like most I was very anxious to hit the open water and get my troll on!

The 2014 soft water season started with the Kiwanis walleye weekend, hitting the water Friday at midnight and planning to stay aboard the entire weekend. We fought through the slow big fish bite but managed to boat some beauty walleye's! Our smallest fish of the weekend was just over two lbs. and out largest weighed just above ten. It was a great weekend with good friends! ImageImageImage

The following couple of weeks presented a tough bite with some days leaving me wondering what the heck was going on... Our screens were lit up with hooks but they just didn't seem to be eating! Just before I left to fish the bobcaygeon can/am walleye tournament the bite took off!!! We had numbers and size, leaving for the kawartha's was tough and I was anxious to get back and capitalize on the bite! Clients were full of smiles and were able to leave Quinte "feeling the walleye love" one of the best trips came with Toronto maple leafs Carter Ashton aboard... Carter grew up in Saskatchewan fishing walleye but he's hooked on Quinte eyes now!
ImageImage

The bite continued strong for a month and change and was one if the best spring bites of late.
ImageImageImage

Around Father's Day the walleye decided to try and make things tough so I switched to a lake program targeting lakers and walleye where we could find them while we waited for the salmon to show up ... Still waiting by the way lol. Never the less ice been very lucky to find some great walleye action on Lake Ontario, boating several over ten lbs and most between 6-9 lbs. even though the winter slowed us down to start it looks like were in for another great yr of fishing in the bay of Quinte area

I'm very fortunate to have clients past , present and future that make this job so much fun and enjoyable even when the fish don't cooperate! I've also been very lucky to align myself to be able to work with some great companies; Radioworld, bay marine, okuma, northland tackle, offshore tackle, smart troll depth probe system for all their support!
ImageImageImageImage

Good luck out there, stay safe and tight lines!

Joe

Pbandjcharters.com
Facebook.com/trophywalleye

Facebook: http://facebook.com/trophywalleye
Twitter: @pbandjcharters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:18 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

That's a nice Islander- you're running.

Thanks for your update.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:08 am 
Walleye Catcher

Nice report Joe, those are some nice fish. Was a pleasure meeting you this spring and thanks for your help with the boat.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

Great job Joe, class act and a great host!!!

Colin Friel

banner ad