Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:12 pm 
Walleye Angler

Could anyone tell me the parking format at the government dock. Seems to be only fire route signs and handicap signs these days. Not against those, but I was wondering where I can park. There (used) to be a few spots for general parking, as well as a few further back on the right side going in, and I often see a few cars squeezed in on the sharp hill corner, but is there any other parking options close to the dock, where I can be confident my vehicle will still be there when I get back? I read they were going to address the issue, in order to attract more visitors, but I see no sign of improvement....Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:41 pm 
Walleye Master

I'm not sure about parking there, but if you're looking for somewhere to launch, I believe you can launch at Golden Beach Resort, and also Curtis Point launch is another option. Both are within 10-15 minutes of Harwood. Parking is limited at Curtis Point, but there is some parking allowed on the road where there are no signs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:17 pm 
Walleye Angler

There used to be a small trailer park/resort on the right hand side (east) about 200 yards before the government dock. They had a decent launch. It was about 7or8 bucks to launch there, but I haven't been there in 5-6 years. I think it was call Halliday home.

Harris boat works is only about 10 min west, and has an awesome launch and tons of parking as another option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:17 pm 
Walleye Angler

Walleye 9 wrote:
I'm not sure about parking there, but if you're looking for somewhere to launch, I believe you can launch at Golden Beach Resort, and also Curtis Point launch is another option. Both are within 10-15 minutes of Harwood. Parking is limited at Curtis Point, but there is some parking allowed on the road where there are no signs.

Golden Beach Resort is a great choice. I have a waterfront Cottager there and spend every non working moment there lol
After your done fishing , there's a licensed restaurant right at the launch with fantastic food and a fish cleaning station for your catch if you've had a productive day