Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:16 am 
Walleye

Went fishing at Consecon Lake yesterday, and as we approached the camp site to launch as we have many times for years, we found a sign on the gate saying "launch is closed" - not for maintenance, but because "the cottagers don't like the boat noise" - that was the statement from the lady. I guess the cottagers there don't boat at all, eh . Unbelievable.

Our only other option was to try to use the other launch at the other end of the lake. Depending on the water level, it can be quite difficult to launch there. We were able to barely launch two boats there. The only down side to the launching there is that we were charged a $20 fee - yikes - guess they saw us coming.

Shame that Consecon has extremely limited public access (none) ........ and then charge ridiculous fee to launch on private if available.

Monday rant over ........

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:04 pm 
Walleye

cottagers dont like the boat noise? most often it is the cottagers who are going up and down the lake screaming on tubes or skis or jetskis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

This is quite the way to not share the lake, hard to believe the campsite went along with it, please post the story on Facebook with campsite name and let the fishing community share where not to go and spend their time and money,
Cheers Rob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:10 pm 
Walleye Angler

I used to fish that lake a ton.
I know both launches well.
The first one, I think she is just to lazy to take your money... I launched there twice a week all summer ten 8-10 years ago, and she always had something to birch about. Wouldn't let anyone in till after 8:00 back then, and you had to park up by the road (3/4 mile away).

The other one was so shallow you would have to put the whole truck in the water to float off a 16 footer, and could never find anyone to pay back then.

Then there's the resident game warden....I've been stopped more times on that lake then all others I've fished ten fold (probably at least 20 times on hard water and soft) not usually any fines , just hassles you for a half hour and tells you how many infractions he's letting you away with...

Love to fish that lake, but it just became such pain in the @&$ that you could go on a fly in easier. Lol

My rant for the week ...

Man I miss that lake. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:26 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I too went there last year, what a joke!!! When the guy at the end of the lake said $20 bucks... I asked him if he wanted my left arm too! :lol:
It s my property and its private, I can charge what I want.... He states. I basically told him what I thought and backed my rig all the way out, what an ass.

I agree with Pepe, should be some sort of public access.

Pepe.... I was the guy in Bay marine getting the lesson on installing the impeller :|

Teppy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:25 pm 
Walleye Angler

I think the game warden launches his 14'/ 9.9 hp at the dam on the west end, but it's a long way up through the swamp to get to the railway where the deep water starts, and my boat s too big to launch there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free