Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:26 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

We watched the weather like hawks and Saturday was supposed to nice with light winds, so Laker John and I headed out to the "Other" Zone to see what we could see and catch.

It was a 20 mile trip which was made more dangerous with the parade of Bass Boats torquing by at 60MPH plus and some getting really close to my prop wash. Try and stay clear boys.....

We set out the four rods and within 10 minutes the inside board fired and I was into a fish. Wait a minute, walleyes don't always pull like this, with 265' of line out, it took a while to get the board off and then fight this beast to the boat. As it approached it wasn't white like a pike or shinny like a sheepy and sure pulled harder than an eye.

When it was was within 20 feet we could it was a HUGE catfish and as the net got close the fish twisted and the lure hit the net and the fish pulled the middle treble off the lure. We quickly assessed the fish and both of us felt it was between 15 and 18 lbs. What a monster on a Rapala White Taildancer.

The sun and the fight was warming us up and as I was putting the lure out, the outer rod fired, I swung the rod over and John got the board and netted the fish- Mr Pike.

A nice fish but not the desired species.

Well, that was exciting and as I was reeling this one in the the outer board fired and the fish dragged the planer board under the water. Double Header!!!!!!!!

Released the fish and I got the inner rod in and John was into this fish and fighting the underwater board. Finally the board surfaced and the fish rose to the surface, John brought it close and I scooped the net - Mr Pike again!!!!!! a much bigger fish.This one hit a Live Target Perch.

We're on fire with these pike - where's the walleyes?????

We had another hit and just after the board was taken off the line, a big headshake and GONE - must be another 'Water Wolf as Bill Saiff used to say" Lost the fish off a Deep diving Jointed Husky Jerk

We decided to look around and see if we could mark fish and fish over some different water - with no success at all.

We headed back to the original trolling line and sure enough the outer board fired and John was into the fish, turned the boat down wind and John landed another 30 inch Pike. Live Target Perch again. Trolled til 1430 and headed for home.

We traveled 57 miles, which is a long way, not compared to bass guys from Belleviile going to the big Lake.

We had a good day, going 3 for 5. Gonna try again sometime Stay Tuned.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:14 am 
Walleye Wisdom

David
Myself and Always Hopeful were also in the "Other Zone" on Saturday morning as well with 4 rods and all we got was Pike ..We asked the same thing as you did...lol Still a nice morning on the water, we left around noon. Great report!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:24 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Great job on the pike superdad, love the detailed report. It sure was a nice day to be out!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:49 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Nice pike fellas. I was in that other zone as well. Gotta big fat notta. Unless sunburn counts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 am 
Jumbo Perch

talked jerry he said the bit is on in frount of my place I see charters are out there. mabe I go out ant see

banner ad