banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:38 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

The weather was right and my Dad was feeling good, so Laker John and I took him fishing.

Got out to the Old Church and got the lines over at 1200, my line was in the water approx 25 seconds and I felt a fish pull, "Fish ON!!!!" Bert and John's line were hardly 15 feet behind the boat and I was into a fish.

We clearly the rods and Bert said, "You fight it", brought it up to the boat and big head and white belly showed a Pike, Darn!!!! Not a walleye. John slipped the net under the fish and it began to squirm in the net, broke the line before I could control it. Grabbed the Berkley scales and the fish weighed in at 8 lb 8 oz. A real nice fish, very broad thru the back, nonetheless, the fish was released.

We trolled up and down and after not having any luck in the shallows, we trolled a little deeper with the same results. Heading back to the shallows, my lure crawled up the underwater slope and I had another strike.

I gave Bert the rod and he reeled in a Sheepshead about 20inches. No pictures but slipped the fish back to grow.

Finished fishing around 1400 and headed back to Bayview on Hay Bay for a bit of lunch.

Not many fish but still a great fishing trip, my Dad was happy to get out on the water and wet a line.

Stay Tuned.

David aka Superdad

PS The weather forecast for Friday had high winds , so Laker John and I took the Superdad out of the water this morning. The winds were getting fierce as we left Hay Bay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:24 pm 
Walleye Fry

Great report as always Superdad. Love reading your posts. Thanks for the report.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:59 pm 
Goby

Great adventure of fishing... Yes, I will stay tuned and I'll keep an eye for your next happy fishing.
Thanks for sharing :lol: :lol: :lol:

banner ad