banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:20 pm 
Walleye Master

Here is a really cool piece of technology that is both affortable and very very cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFyYNBBCIFc

I have this installed on my boat and it works as advertised. It is very very easy to use. All you need is the vex sonar phone and the navionics app.

It will create or update charts for any body of water even if it is not listed on a map. As soon as you record it and upload the logs (which it does automatically when you connect your device to a wifi signal) navionics will process the logs and create the charts from your logs. Its incredible.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:42 am 
Walleye Catcher

This is really awesome!! I can't tell you how many times I have found a small hump in the middle of nowhere that isn't on a map and wished I knew how it laid out on the bottom. Even driving over it with side imaging you still have to put together a "mental map" of the structure in your head. This sure takes care of that. Its going to make fishing structure in situations where you have current even more effective. You'll see what is truly down there and be able to make even better educated guesses as to how the fish will position on the structure now.

Looking forward to trying this out

-Lawren

Check out our blog at www.blog.radioworld.ca

banner ad