Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:31 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:56 pm 
Minnow

Hi everyone,
I bought two batteries for my portable Bird 385 ci. The problem is the batteries are only one year old and last less than 6 hours. As you know this is very frustrating. On the water with two batteries, now three?
Any suggestions? Are there any good batteries out there or like everything else, we get ripped off. :(

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:12 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Go to Canada Battery on Gotha St. in Trenton with your flasher or fish finder setup that your using. They will get you the best bang for buck with the size that will fit your setup. They will defiantly be able to get you a lot more Amp Hours then that battery you have now. My flasher now lasts 5 days straight with the battery they got me. Im using a Humminbird.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:01 am 
Guppy

Hi. As a electrician, I replace batteries all day long . Before you buy any, look at the specs of the fishfinder for how many amps it uses. Take this number and divide rhe amp hour rating of your battery by the amp draw from finder. My lawrence draws close to one amp. On a good day the 7AH battery would last for only 7 hrs. Don't forgot batteries lose power due to being cold. Look for a gel cell with Agm technolgy. When you discharge, try to recharge as soon as possible and battery will last long time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:10 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Roger,

I looked up the current draw of your 385ci and it is only 300 mA. ( or 1/3 of an Amp)

If I were you I would upgrade my 12V battery to a 9 Amp hour version. The standard battery that comes with most portables is 7 Amp hour.

A standard 7 Ahr battery should easily run for a full day without issues.

Maybe you could turn down your brightness on your unit to help increase your run time. Also make sure all your connections are clean and tight. Use a good quality charger made for your battery and make sure you are 100 % charged each time you go out.

In Kingston, I buy my batteries at National Battery. They have 9Ahr batteries at good prices, along with small battery chargers.

Good Luck,
BATMAN 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:39 am 
Baitfish

I have a hummingbird 570 portable. I have had this about 8 years when it is fully charged I can use it for 5 to 6 days at 7 to 8 hours a day. I cant believe the battery has not crapped out yet.

banner ad