Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:38 am 
Jumbo Perch

It is around this time that I usually get to thinking about the annual ice fishing trip to the Bay of Quinte which I will share .... has long been one of the most significant fishing events of my year! In actual fact I started thinking about the annual BOQ ice fishing trip back in October and in a completely different way .... It was back then that I realized I was going to be moving out of the province on a new adventure before our "usual" fishing trip dates.

The enjoyment that is realized when close friends can gather to match skills against the legendary, double digit monster walleye of the BOQ is beyond addictive... I would argue ....it is necessary. I truly hope not to miss it this year.

I don't want to miss the weeks leading up to the trip which are spent tracking weather patterns, ice formation, debating the likelihood of good ice where fishing is planned, probing fishing forums, gathering intel from the network of friends and fellow anglers established over nearly a decade, repeatedly organizing tackle and planning strategies, preparing meals of some of the finest, hearty table fare you can have ... and the list goes on. I know that I am not the only one who appreciates these things.

If the ice does not form in time I will miss most of all ... the time I would have spent fishing with some of the finest and outrageously funny men I know ... Captainminnow, Randler and East Lake Angler. Lads, I will hope every day for safe ice to form and believe me when I tell you the last thing I pack will be my ice fishing gear.

Last year I prepared a "get excited about fishing Quinte" video for the gang with the hopes of doing one each year. Sadly last year we were absolutely pounded by some of the nastiest snow and wind we have ever faced during our trips so new footage was impossible. I hope you will still enjoy the 2014 Quinte Primer.

To all of you out there of similar minds ... be safe on the ice, take care of each other and respect the resource!! Good fishing!

Frozenflyguy

http://youtu.be/WfR4HAyXIqk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:09 pm 
Walleye Master

Some of my greatest ice fishing memories came when I moved out to Alberta. I eventually made it back to Quinte but hold those times close. I hope wherever you are going the ice is safe and you have many new and great ice fishing adventures as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:41 pm 
Walleye

Haha that was a good read i cant wait to get out last year was pretty bad for me !!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:38 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Funny enough ... Alberta is where I am heading ! I will be sure to keep in touch with the gang here and share the experiences I find out there! I am open to any recommendations on where to ice fish out there! It may help lessen the sting!

Thanks in advance!
ffg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:47 pm 
Walleye Angler

Fantastic job on both the fishing, and the production of your video.(the music really pumps things up)... Hope you get a shot at the ice before your new adventure begins. Thanks for sharing ,and good luck on your new endeavour!

Last edited by littledog on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:40 pm 
Walleye Angler

Location: Frankford, Trent River, Kashwakamak, Deseronto, BoQ
BryanG wrote:
Haha that was a good read i cant wait to get out last year was pretty bad for me !!

Baha bry... this years the year

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:36 pm 
Walleye Master

If you're in Calgary, Crawling Valley Reservoir about 2 hours east was a great place for giant pike and lots of walleye. Great in the summer too. Just off Pelican island is good. Won't help you for ice fishing, but In the summer look for the island with all the pelicans on it.

Post subject: Re: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:11 am 
Walleye

Trent River Fishin' wrote:
BryanG wrote:

Baha bry... this years the year

It better be im gona live on the bay for a weekend or two. Bound to hit an amazing day !!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:49 am 
Walleye Angler

Awesome Video. The long range winter outlook from the weather network came out last night and they are predicting it to be below average temps this year with average snow. Accuweather Predicted the same a few weeks ago.

Attachment:
weather outlook.jpg

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/videos ... 93038001_0

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:47 pm 
Walleye

I'm hoping or wishing for some BOQ hardwater action between X-mas & New Years. According to IS there is some good ice action in Alberta! I'll keep you posted on our success this year. Best of luck out west.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:33 am 
Jumbo Perch

Thanks all for the advice and I'm glad everyone got into the spirit of the video! Larry Guy ... as I mentioned the last thing I am packing will be my ice gear so I might just see you out there ... in all the usual places! Best of luck to everyone out there this season.

banner ad