Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Huff's first week in FEB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:28 am 
Minnow

So i am headed to the BOQ for the first time ever(3hr drive) have procrastinated going for a few years and finally commiting to go now booked the room and took an extra day off at work. I plan on Fishing Huff's even though people tell me it's better there at first ice but i still think thats the place for me to hook up.If you have any better suggestions please feel free to PM me and add your comments that would be awesome. I have all the equipment i need including Tent,heater,flasher. I have gathered some new tackle just for this trip so hope its for a good cause but i'm going with a positive attitude and blind as a bat lol. I plan on fishing hard 12 hours a day for 3 days if i don't hook up could be my first and last trip lol I could use all the help i can get if anyone has anything to add or want to give me directions from huffs launch
i would be grateful because right now im putting on the blindfold and walking till i feel gold under my feet lol and drilling PM me if you are not wanting to post on the board I m so pumped i feel like a over inflated tire....can't wait ,,,,BRING ON THE GOLD. Thanks in advance for all the replies
Love this forum and will post my Rookie findings when i return keep up the good reports

Post subject: Huff's first week in FEB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:36 am 
Walleye Master

Huffs can be great for sure and is usually busy. I would head out to 25' + of water and setup. Don't be afraid to move around if not marking on the flasher. Be cautious of ice conditions as huffs is a higher current area and ice can vary a lot from spot to spot and even from beginning to end of day depending on temperature out. Good luck.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:11 am 
Walleye

How much ice is out there now? Want to go Saturday with my two sons and only want to go out there with them if its safe. I plan on just heading straight out from huffs rd till I hit 25-29' of water.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:43 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Lots of ice at huffs prob 8" don't worry. Saw some people parked on the ice..now that was stupid just to save $5....not worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:25 pm 
Walleye

if i let my 1st trip be my last i would not have pics and memories of big walleyes, don't get down if u don't get a monster on your 1st trip, it's a learning curve on getting those boq eyes to bite. a 3hr trip to the bay is nothing considering what u can catch, i'm that far away to the middle of the bay.

having a couple of spots picked out is a good option, i would concentrate on the am and pm bites and use the middle of the day for exploring other spots, like grizzly said having a bunch of techniques in your back pocket helps, and having spots to fish is great to have in your other back pocket.

good luck on your 1st trip, i hope u get a boq walleye and get a good pic to share.....oh and perch during the day is a great way to spend the off hours if u stay out all day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:41 pm 
Walleye Angler

Give me a shout I'll help ya out.

banner ad