Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:26 am 
Walleye

First, thanks to many members on this board who provided me with great and detailed info on where I as a walker, access BOQ ice

Then with a few buddies I fished off County Shores (near Picton) yesterday for close to a whole day (arrived at 7:00AM, and left at 5:00PM). Had a nice or great day on ice, though none of us caught nor even had any bite from any walleye. Action was very slow. Among many people I saw or talked to on ice, not much eye's caught at all. I myself by accident, caught a nice-size (around 1.5 LB) herring (and for a while I thought it was a whitefish!:-)

Oh well, another day. I am thinking to return to BOQ (perhaps from some different access area?) for another try 2 weeks from now (say Feb 7)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:54 am 
Perch

you quickly learn when fishing the bay that the fish don't jump out of the hole for you. it can be frustrating at times. that said i would recommend that you fish until after dark (if possible). if you left at 5pm you are walking off at one of the best times for a bite. last week i fished off Belleville from 7am to 6pm. i iced 3 eaters between 5 and 6 with 2 lost at the ice. crazy action for a short time. up until that time i was having some serious doubts whethur there was actually fish in the bay :lol:

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:45 am 
Jumbo Perch

Hi James,

We were out fishing Belleville yesterday as well out from Peat's Point and it was very slow as well. Glenn caught 3 perch and I was skunked :cry: We were out from 1 - 6pm and nobody else around us caught anything either. We marked a few and I even saw a gar in my hole but had passed my line by the time I saw it so could not get it's attention.

The second picture looks like the bridge in Belleville? Did you set up in two places or is there a similar bridge near County Shores?

We are hopefully heading back to Quinte on Feb 8th and are going to try out from Sherman's.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:14 am 
Walleye Angler

There is another bridge east of Belleville at Deseronto.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:37 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

My hut is somewhere in that picture and I hit 10 eyes, including a 12lber.

Cheers, Hodgey...

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:26 pm 
Walleye

npetersen wrote:
Hi James,

We were out fishing Belleville yesterday as well out from Peat's Point and it was very slow as well. Glenn caught 3 perch and I was skunked :cry: We were out from 1 - 6pm and nobody else around us caught anything either. We marked a few and I even saw a gar in my hole but had passed my line by the time I saw it so could not get it's attention.

The second picture looks like the bridge in Belleville? Did you set up in two places or is there a similar bridge near County Shores?

We are hopefully heading back to Quinte on Feb 8th and are going to try out from Sherman's.

Hi Nicole, nice to see you here! And yes I am also thinking of returning to BOQ the weekend of Feb 7 and 8. So we will see...

Last edited by xiaolu on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:26 pm 
Walleye

Hodgey wrote:
My hut is somewhere in that picture and I hit 10 eyes, including a 12lber.

Cheers, Hodgey...

Good for you!

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:28 pm 
Walleye

Zingerman wrote:
you quickly learn when fishing the bay that the fish don't jump out of the hole for you. it can be frustrating at times. that said i would recommend that you fish until after dark (if possible). if you left at 5pm you are walking off at one of the best times for a bite. last week i fished off Belleville from 7am to 6pm. i iced 3 eaters between 5 and 6 with 2 lost at the ice. crazy action for a short time. up until that time i was having some serious doubts whethur there was actually fish in the bay :lol:

Thanks for the info. Now I am thinking I shall return to BOQ in about 2 weeks time, and fish late in the afternoon to late in the evening (or into the night), and then stay locally at a hotel for a night/break, and hopefully catch a fish!:-)

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:36 pm 
Guppy

We fished near the mouth of thre river in Bellevile ,we caught a few decent 4 and 6 lbs and seen lots of fish caught Sat morning ,even seen a 13.5 caught that hut seemed to have the hot stick with a few fish laying around.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:09 pm 
Baitfish

Was out from there Fri am and sat pm. Got a nice pig first thing Friday but quit early when the wind really picked up and only a perch sat pm.

banner ad
banner ad