banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:14 am 
Baitfish

Well, Ive got the bug... Headed down for the second time this year on Friday morning from Niagara. On the water in the area of Huffs at 630, bait in hand. Man, tough morning/day, iced a 3lber at 1030, lost a fish at 1130 then waited until 445 for the next bite. Well, was worth the wait, iced my PB walleye, just over 11 lbs. It hit a gold Kastmaster 3/4oz tipped with a single chub. Subsequently landed another 4lber, that was it for the day. So 3 for 4 with a monster included, turned out alright. (big girl released after a couple photos)

Day 2, headed out from Bayview to Shermans for the first time ever. Followed my Navionics app to 25 FOW, close to the red buoy. First fish on the ice at 930, 1030 lost a brute 3/4 way up the water column. Same scenario every time, fight the fish up, it swims off to the side of the hole, head shake and gone....crushed! Ended up landing two other dink eyes, marked a tonne of fish right up until 545, but nothing else of size. I believe the marked fish were all perch. I would play them for a period of time, no response at all...put down a small spoon and bam, another 6inch perch. They mark very similar to the walleye we have been catching.

So, tough two days of fishing on the Bay, ..she doesnt give up her gold easily!! Well, thats what keeps us coming back!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:32 am 
Perch

Hey nice report . Im from trenton been out three times and haven't caught one yet . Id say you've had a pretty good go of it . Anyway I'm going out again today to give it another go .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:04 am 
Walleye

Good and Bad to hear of very slow bite
GOOD for the 10% that caught a few here and there in a 10-15 min window at Dawn or Dusk
BAD for the 90% who caught 'nothing' sitting on the ice or in a shack for 12+ hrs

Happy for those who had luck
- thanks for the report ;)

We're not giving up on our 'Quest for a personal Best'
hope to have better luck in a couple weeks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:13 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Still iced a good feed albiet slow bite. Congrats on the PB. I was there last weekend,iced 8 total saturday out of country shores,sunday was a bust. I also come up from Niagara,we should hook up sometime,cut our costs and double our chances.. :)