Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:53 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I decided at the beginning of the season to concentrate my efforts on the Belleville side of the bay and that is where I have stayed so far all season. The only one time this year where I have fished found me in my so called backyard in Glen Ross fishing intentionally for pike. That trip was a success and filled in that few hour void that seen 3 pike, two head shake release and one on the ice.

With only 1 1/2 weeks of walleye fishing left on the bay I will stay with my decision and fish the area of George and Potter's to see how the season plays out. Happy with the results of more fishing trips with dinner guest to go home then the drive home without. I know that this year seems strange to me since I have not visit my usual haunts of Wagers, Point Anne, Huff's, Trident, Hay Bay, Mass. Point, Rush Bar and Akins yet I feel a lot more comfortable knowing where I am fishing instead of hit and miss.

Next year we will start at the usual Potter's (first ice if normal)more than likely and if the ice permits I believe I will spend the season concentrating my efforts on Point Anne towards Minnie Blakely and Big Bay, wanting to learn the bay one section at a time.

Walleye 2014/15 ends soon so I think I will be taking my tackle up to Simcoe for a trip or two and see if I can intimidate a few White Fish and or Lakers.

Off to George St in a little while, maybe see you there. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:59 am 
Minnow

January-great with walleye, perch and one pike all from off Wagers. Since then only perch again off Wagers. Always liked red can off Pt Ann but nervous of pressure crack earlier on so stayed away. Had recee on Monday there and saw a trail west and a trail out to some huts by red can. Since its close like to try before end of season. However I am a "warm " weather and occasional fisher. Wife not too happy with my $2500.00 investment this season (used ski-doo, used ski-doo trailer, tackle, and minnows) but enjoyed my time out on the ice so far. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:38 pm 
Walleye Fry

Me and boy fish des and bay bridge mostly have done ok this year with only couple skunks we decided to try new spot this weekend and it paid off with some couple eyes and half dozen jumbos, we usually fish point Anne in March for perch lots fun on the ultra light gear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:28 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Done well on the season so far. Ice quite a few eyes and had a huge canal cat. We fish the reach mostly. I've been down now a couple weeks not being able to go cause of surgeries. But I am hoping I can get out this coming week and weekend and doing a lil jiggin for the eyes before its done for another year

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:04 pm 
Walleye Angler

My season has been pretty slow hehe ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:01 pm 
Walleye

Only went 3 times lost one at the hole ice fishing sucked this year big time for me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:14 pm 
Walleye

My season was going very well until the deep snow happened and now I can't get to my spots ( one of these years I will get a sled ) . Landed a personal best so far at 10.36lbs . I wasn't skunked until I tried to go out last Tuesday on my atv and could not get anywhere off of aikens, so I went out of peats point and only caught perch.
Hopefully this weekend is a good ender to a great season.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:52 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Here is hoping that all that fish this weekend have a bang up trip and catch. The snow has played havoc with a lot of people here and I myself have cut down at the gym. Figure if I need a 1/2 to a full hour in snowshoes to hit my fishing hole I am good to go for the day as far as working out is concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:20 pm 
Walleye Angler

Skunked every single time I have been out. Haven't once yet landed an eye through the ice on Quinte the last two years. Hoping that this final weekend will change that. My dad and I are giving it one last kick at the can- so here's to hoping for the gold. Being walkers probably doesn't help much as we are somewhat limited and with this snow the WALK SUCKS! Good luck to all going out this weekend. Probably will be up by County Shores, look for the orange pop up and feel free to say hi!

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:47 pm 
Baitfish

don't lose all hope Swiftdeer, I was in the same boat. I've been washing lures for two years on the BOQ fishing with my family while they were icing fish. Finally struck gold a few weeks back and caught a few. One dandy in the double digits! Well worth all the effort to finally land !

Guess that's why they call it fishing.

good luck this weekend everybody!