Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:15 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Laker John and I hit the road to the Belleville Show, getting thru the lake effect snow wasn't a problem, we thought it was going to be a sunny & bright day -HEY - it's winter and we're Canadian.

The parking lot was quite full and there were a lot of people in attendance, always a good sign.

We hit the Gym and Pro Tackle for a start and saw the new Uncle Josh Pork worms in their many manifestations (colours), the new Berkley Flicker Minnow was available also.

Nice to say hello to the group from Pro Tackle.

Heading into one of the rinks (it gets confusing when you visit once a year), talked to the Belleville Fish & Game people and found that there annual tackle show and a sale was set for March 29th, Sorry I'll be missing it this year as I will be at the Dieppe Fly Show in New Brunswick. We got some great deals there last year.

Looked at the boats and there were many beauties there, they all seem to lack gunnels.

Found the Pro Advantage booth and scoured their discount bin, found some goodies there. Nice to talk to them also.

Hit the other rinks and found some good deals at Hasting Marine for mooring ropes and boat fenders. Good deals there also.

We had filled our KOA bags and headed back to Kingston around 1530.

Another good show, a place to meet and greet people and talk fishing - always a good thing.

We're glad we went and got ourselves into a fishing mode, albeit the world around is snow and ice covered - It won't be long til the open water appears.

Stay Tuned.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:49 am 
Walleye Angler

I too went to the show. I was impressed this year. It would appear that it is getting better every year. I would like to think that the show still has room to grow, and could be even more impressive next year. My kids loved the return of the fishing pond, and they each caught a trout. The deals from Hastings Marine were actually impressive, and the addition of Canadian Tire was nice to see as well. Never made it into the gym to see Pro Tackle, as the kids got restless. Great show!!

banner ad
banner ad