Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:05 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I never miss an opening of Walleye but for the last couple of years haven't bought a ticket for WW.

I do think it's pricey but haven't been buying 1 cause the buddies I fish with refuse to pay it. Therefore what's the sense if I'm not eligible being the only 1 with a ticket in the boat and dislike the hats.

Considering Gan's Big Pike Challenge fee of $60 at the end of May this year which is 2 days and $500 biggest pike every hour, I do find $50 pricey.

However, this year am going to get a WW ticket as my Dad and I will be fishing it. I'm glad you posted a lesser fee in March.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:57 pm 
Walleye Master

I can understand that the cost of running the derby may go up, but they should be able to get the money from elsewhere like local business owners. For people that aren't local, it could cost anywhere from $500-$800 to fish that weekend. I know that there are a lot of local business owners that already contribute to this event, but maybe they should be the ones chipping in the extra$$$$ if it's needed. They are the ones that benefit from this derby.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:58 pm 
Walleye

Price going up,prize quality going down, i asked some questions on facebook and this is the response....We hope that people will still see the value of participating in our event - if not always about the prizes but to enjoy a great weekend fishing with their friends and family - and knowing that their contributions are making a meaningful difference in the lives of the youth of Quinte West. All proceeds - after expenses - the derby generates are dispersed within twelve months to local groups and organizations with a youth-focus and nothing is retained for any operating expenses related to the Kiwanis Club of Trenton itself...... I take my family out all year not this weekend!! Anyways i will not be buying a ticket this year. Best of luck to all that do.. Cheers

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:42 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Hi guys,

Pro Tackle now has Kiwanis Tickets available for $35 till the end of March. If you want to save....buy early.

Juniors tickets are still free with the purchase of an Adult ticket.
Hats are not in yet. You will get a hat voucher that can be redeemed here at the store once the hats come available.

If you going to stop in here at the store before the end of March to save. Take note on our hours this month.

It is Show season.

Pro Tackle is closed March 19th to the 22nd. (attending Kingston boat show) Tickets will be available at the show.
Pro Tackle is also close March 26th to 29th. (attending the show in Carp (East of Ottawa).

Our normal hours are:
9am to 5pm (Monday to Wednesday)
9am to 6pm (Thursday and Friday)
9am to 3pm (Saturday)
Closed on Sunday

Stacy
Pro Tackle

(2 Km north of Hwy #401 up Hwy #37)

Specializing in Musky, Walleye, Bass and Pike tackle
Fishing Charters

Local phone: 613-968-4111
Toll Free:1-888-442-7456

Check our online Catalog at www.protacklefishing.com

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:08 am 
Walleye Master

It's 35 dollars with a chance to win one of two boats and benefit your local youth. I understand some people are worried about the price going up but where else are do you have a chance at winning that great of prize for that little amount of gamble and still be helping the local youth. It boggles my mind.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:25 pm 
Walleye

does kingston Canadian tire have tix yet ?? I know there at the boat show but by the time u pay to get in to buy a tix ill be $50 in any ways so no savings ???????

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:39 pm 
Walleye Fry

I was wondering why you do not have EARLY BIRD tickets available @ Gagnons in Oshawa as there was 6 of us going to buy tickets there!! So I guess we will forgo your derby this year and in future. By the way your voicemail is full

Razorback

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 pm 
Walleye Master

Why not just buy them online ? You pick where you want to pick the hat up.

Some of you act like this is a business making money off you, it's a charity that your hurting... Oh and your chance at winning a boat.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:35 am 
Baitfish

BigMac wrote:
Why not just buy them online ? You pick where you want to pick the hat up.

Some of you act like this is a business making money off you, it's a charity that your hurting... Oh and your chance at winning a boat.

Agree, this is a charity that gives back and last time thought about it with all the gear that I have purchased over the years my Walleye price per pound is around $465.52. What's $35 or $50 to a very good cause that also gives you several chances to win prices that will be well above the price paid.

Good luck all, be safe!
Thinice

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:46 am 
Walleye Fry

> From: events@kiwaniswalleyeworld.com
>
> Subject: RE: EARLY BIRD
> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:06:43 -0400
>
> The phone has not been turned on this year. You can purchase tickets online. We had to limit the ticket locations for early bird tickets because we still have no hats. In order to keep costs low and things organized this is the way it has to be.
>
> -----Original Message-----

> Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:47 PM
> To: events@kiwaniswalleyeworld.com
> Subject: EARLY BIRD
>
> Message body:
> I was wondering why you do not have EARLY BIRD tickets available @ Gagnons in Oshawa as there was 6 of us going to buy tickets there!! So I guess we will forgo your derby this year and in future. By the way your voicemail is full
>
> --
> This mail is sent via contact form on Kiwanis Walleye World http://kiwaniswalleyeworld.com/v2

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:19 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Not trying to stir the pot, but lately after trying to buy a ticket without luck at stores in Kingston I am disappointed to say the least...

As someone else posted and I learned, they don't have the tickets at Can. Tire's in Kingston nor do they (CTC) have ANY INFORMATION on when and how they'll be getting them according to staff. So for information sharing and coordination alone to save a potential bad impression on businesses that were listed as having them, not sure why communications wouldn't have been initiated with these places that are graciously volunteering to sell these tickets.

Myself along with many others I've been told by staff at CTC have been in looking for them to save the $15 or actually $30 cause I have to buy one for my Father who can't shop on-line, has physical limitations from recent strokes and for other reasons, can't get them himself. (not a pitty-seeking comment but can't imagine we're the only ones in this position)

So yeah...although I have now saved $15 per ticket by ordering on-line, many don't, won't or can't.

As previously posted, this will be the first time in a few years I've bought tickets because I know who my partner is, know he's willing and are committed to renting a trailer for the weekend. The past years I knew I was fishing opening weekend; never miss it, but had no commitment from any 1 particular person to fish with me and therefore would not buy one if possible my fishing partner didn't that could result in a DQ. If I was an official at this event and a solo fisher came to weigh in, I'd wonder if they left the others on shore that didn't have a ticket. BTW - A comment I've heard from many over the years that people would do and could count on my 1 hand how many times I've seen a solo fisher during opening.

I pay over $1000 a year in entry fees alone for tournaments and donate a lot of time, money and energy to helping out when I can; fishing related but more non-fishing events and causes. I am however a little disappointed that there seems to be an underlying and seemingly attitude that; "hey, it's a charity that does well for the community so you gotta pay and smile knowing you're doing a great service" when every year I hear and read more and more disheartening comments about cheating, allowing fish to be transported by vehicle and someone winning a prize that KW would not tell them what over the phone and therefore had to travel to get it as they don't ship. It turned out to be a fillet knife or something and I know personally unless it was 24k gold, would have been PO'd to go thru the effort for that!

As for ...."where else are do you have a chance at winning that great of prize for that little amount of gamble"

I look at the cost with increase of $100 per boat minimum, with the chance at winning a boat and nothing else added this year in for prizes that I can see, getting less attractive. Spending the same amount on a Heart & Stroke or Cancer lottery ticket with prizes into the hundreds of thousands to million + is sure much better odds and bang for your buck.

At the end of the day...I believe in accountability and commitment on all sides. At this point, I'm not sure where KW is on this other than what I think the thoughts of "if you build it, they will come!"

Well - I'm done my rant! ;-)

Cheers

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:33 pm 
Walleye Fry

They need to add a kingston weigh station to this event. A huge area of water to pick up new anglers.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:17 pm 
Minnow

does anyone know what the early bird prizes are this year or is the prize saving 15 bucks ??

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:35 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I had ordered my tickets on-line for my hat to be picked up at Deseronto weigh-in station; Mohawk Bay Trailer Park.

I just received a call from KWW that I needed to change locations as there will not be a Deseronto weigh in now.

I really don't care about the hat too much but it's a shame that Deseronto won't have one. So looks like Napanee, Belleville, or Trenton.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:25 pm 
Walleye Master

That is a shame. Don't they have one at perfect view also and picton?

Personally I wish there was one at Glenora and bath

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
banner ad