banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:10 pm 
Walleye

Saw this last week, I believe it is a new sign. I thought it was a public access - who owns the trail and ramp then? The cement plant? I agree with the garbage and shame on those who dump there. It's clean this time and let's keep it that way!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:46 pm 
Walleye

A family from Point Anne owns it and has for many years, they have always allowed it to be used free of charge to the public. However they are tired of the garbage and I guess feel that they may have to close the access to stop the littering.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:00 pm 
Walleye Fry

Good for them. People abuse others charity it should be taken away.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:09 am 
Walleye Master

The problem with that is the fishermen who use this access and don't abuse it will be the losers. And all because of the actions of a few slobs...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:50 am 
Walleye Wisdom

There are slobs that bring there garbage in by trailer or 1/2 ton truck loads and dump it there, also a lot of people just throw there coffee cups out when empty .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:03 pm 
Walleye

Well if it was mine and being abused the way it is, there would be some heavy cement blocks going in soon.

Such a shame. Do the people that abuse this abuse their own homes as well? Think about it. Throw your coffee cup in your trunk.

Good thing I have two private spots to access.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:18 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

adventure wrote:
The problem with that is the fishermen who use this access and don't abuse it will be the losers. And all because of the actions of a few slobs...

Unfortunately that is life nowadays! Happens everywhere and for everything!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:16 am 
Baitfish

It sucks when all the losers wreck it for the passionate fisherman that have respect for the water and people's property? Same type of thing happened at the black river cheese factory boat launch where I use to launch 3 times a week. People don't pay attention to parking signs, leave garbage everywhere etc. Also happened at an entrance spot to lake on the mountain I use to use. These types of launches are going to be slowly closing if people aren't more respectful, so the only thing we can do as serious fisherman that have some respect for these things is try to encourage other anglers to do the same!!! Having access to all these great fishing spots is something others take advantage of, I myself really don't want to loose anymore of them!!!

Sorry for the long rant, but this subject really pisses me off!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:13 am 
Walleye Wisdom

A lot of the garbage is not from fishermen,people dump there renovation material (insulation-drywall ect ect)there.I even seen a load of cutoff and end pieces from marble countertops dumped there two years ago,bags of household waste at times also.A lot of the coffee cups and pop cans are probably from fishermen.You can't put a barrel there to collect the waste as fishermen would dump there fish guts in the barrel creating a big problem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:01 pm 
Walleye Angler

There used to be lots of private access to creeks that ran into lake O where you could go steel head fishing this time of year between Brighton and Cobourg but that has worn it's welcome out too. I don't think there is any spots left besides the Ganny now. We all pay dearly and if you want to keep what you have you got to pick up the slobs garbage, because they are to ignorant to know better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:24 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hutchy wrote:
There used to be lots of private access to creeks that ran into lake O where you could go steel head fishing this time of year between Brighton and Cobourg but that has worn it's welcome out too. I don't think there is any spots left besides the Ganny now. We all pay dearly and if you want to keep what you have you got to pick up the slobs garbage, because they are to ignorant to know better.

You have Barnum House creek,the culvert just west of Lakeport and you can still fish at Lakeport if you walk the shoreline to the creek.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:23 am 
Walleye Master

I know the spots Hutchy is talking about you can't get to anymore as well. Add Glen Ross and Frankford dams to that list for the same reason.

What gets me the most about Glen Ross is three years ago my family and I picked up over a dozen garbage bags from the entire area around the Glen Ross locks for the annual trash bash. They gated it the next year anyway. And no wonder, this winter I picked up 5 Timmy cups scattered on the ice below the lock when fishing there with my kids.

I will clean it up again and encourage everyone to get out and do the same whether it be a boat launch, lock or any spot that is accessible for fishing during their local trash bash.

http://www.quintetrashbash.ca/info/

banner ad