Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:20 pm 
Walleye

Hey folks. I am not one to boast or to sell any type of gimmicks regarding products, but i do have a really good story to share. When we went to buy our new home, we had insurance for our car, truck, boat, we were with X insurance company. I made a switch to Rob Laurin, a broker with Dorey and Tolgyesi insurances. He was able to do a free quote on switching to his company, and BOY did it ever pay off HUGE! Between all the items i had insured, he was litterly over 500 dollars a year cheaper then my previous insurance company. it was an easy switch as Rob took care of all the paperwork to complete the switch over. We have been with him now for three years and yet to have our insurance rates increase, but GO LOWER!

If your looking for his information at all, please dont hesitate to send me a PM and i would be happy to pass off his number to you. (i dont want to post his information on here as he uses his cell number), so serious inquires are appreciated. He also has great deals for those who are in or retired from the Military!

Thanks guys, i thought i would share this positive information with you

Marco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:06 pm 
Minnow

Well then, looks like Marco beat me to it as I was going to post about this same issue.

Having read a thread in the forums last year with regards to insurance and with a wee nudge from Marco, I contacted Rob Laurin and outlined my needs. Long story short, I ended up moving all of my insurance needs for my boat, home and vehicles to his company.

I have discussed this board with Rob and he has given permission for me to post his email contact: rlaurin@pbnet.ca

If you do contact Rob via email, please mention the you heard of him here on the Quinte fishing forum.

Duke

Last edited by Tamarax on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:21 pm 
Walleye

I too had great results, with these fellows and I had a serious claim with my boat last year thanks to racoons deciding to spend last winter in our boat. They did over 12 thousand dollars damage all upholstery and canopy. It was not pretty and I have pictures to prove it, I called their office next day a gentleman came inspected the damage.

He said get estimates on repairing the damage, as soon as estimates were gathered Premier Marine said go ahead with the repairs. Thankfully Service Master cleaned & removed the smell of the canvass. J & P Marine removed all the damage and cleaned the boat, not a easy task. Quinte Upholstery & Canvass replaced all of the damaged upholstery. They gave a thousand dollars to replace life preservers and three fishing rods that had been destroyed by them eating the handles off of them.

We spent five days living on the boat at the Blues festival in Kingston and happy to report everything was great, with thankfully no smell.

The company they used was Premier Marine, they treated us with excellent coverage.

By the way a lot of Boat Insurance's Company's don't cover animal damage, thankfully this company did.

I now have our two ATV's with them and will be discussing our auto's when insurance comes due.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:42 pm 
Walleye Master

Love hearing these stories.

Great stuff.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:05 am 
Walleye

good good! glad things panned out for the damaged boat! thats must have been a MESS!

Steve, don't hesitate to contact Rob! :)

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:24 pm 
Walleye Angler

Boat ins. can have a lot of differences beside price, some are not covered if stored outside, some don't cover salvage cost , some depreciate where others give new for old, contents etc.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:54 pm 
Walleye

It's worth a free call...that's all I'm getting at. Ask the questions that you think you need to know tower the needs and go from there. If it's good then if good. If not, then it didn't cost Ya a dime to make the call.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:39 pm 
Walleye Master

a call to a broker is never a bad call.

just like other forms of sales, there are many different options out there.

only the consumer will benefit by shopping around.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:40 pm 
Walleye

Well said Steve.

banner ad
banner ad