Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:31 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rough go on the bay
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:32 am 
Walleye

Was out on the bay this past weekend. Stayed at pickeral park Fri-Sun. Friday night we just stayed around the flats of Hay Bay. Felt like we were catching everything else that swims but the eyes. Ended up getting 1 eye and lots of perch,sunfish,catfish,sheephead,pike,bass etc..... Sat we tried around GreenPoint, Sherman's Point, Ram island. Picked up 2 more eyes shalllow. Decided to head back to the flats and try our luck there for the evening. On our way back all of a sudden I started loosing power. Something happened and I lost about 20km per hr initially then kept losing power slowly. Tried to put the boat into neutral but couldn't. It was now stuck in forward. Shut off the motor and wasn't able to get her started again. Motor is brand new and that was only my 2nd time out. That was the end of our weekend. Left Sunday morning.

Thanks Roffey for the tow in, nice to meet you guys and the tow was much appreciated.

Also, nice to meet you DanElliot. I read your last post and it seems like the perch are everywhere. Most spots we couldn't troll without hitting them almost as soon as the bouncer hit bottom.

Exculding this year and last year I usually always do very well in the bay. Last year the water was very cold, this year I thought would be better as the water was very warm. 71 in Hay Bay is what the finder said. We actually jumped out and went for a swim. The perch are everywhere that's for sure.

Does anyone have a opinion on whether the eyes are ahead of schedule or behind in terms of the spawn?

Post subject: Re: Rough go on the bay
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:33 pm 
Walleye Master

Hope you get that motor issue figured out....brand new motor's shouldn't break down like that!!!

(not even a Merc, lol)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:02 am 
Site Admin

That doesn't sound good. Your boat is fairly new, warranty should cover it. Always sucks when things break down on the water

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:44 pm 
Walleye

Took it right back to the dealer. Great guys there in terms of customer service. Got it sorted. Until I actually go pick it up and he shows me I won't know exactly but he said it was something to do with the actual motor cap. He said a piece had fallen down and was stuck, therefore stopping the throttle from going back into neutral. Nothing major by the sounds of it. I just hope that is the only issue. Not sure how that would have resulted in power loss but I guess I will find out this weekend.

banner ad