banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:21 pm 
Goby

Hey Everyone,

Well I just returned from fishing at the cottage just past Lindsay and I got the bug for fishing again. Ended up catching and releasing several good size bass and pickerel but I had to keep one fat pickerel as it was the biggest fish I have caught up there. Also seen something really cool, yet odd. While we were motoring back across the lake just as the sun was setting, I noticed what I thought was a beaver swimming along the top of the water but as we got close I'm 90% sure it was a musky or a big pike. The only thing showing was his head and he was opening and closing his mouth. Looked it up and apparently they maybe either gulping air for their bladder or to aid in digestion. Either way it was interesting.

But now I'm home in Kingston. Now I have searched the forums and got some ideas of where some spots are but I have noticed a few spots have been closed... Mental health docks, Causeway, some spots near DuPont.

So now I'm on the lookout for places to fish along the shore with my wife and maybe a friend or two. Wish I had a boat :cry: But we are willing to travel a bit... I know someone talked about Floating bridge or something in Amherstview but I not sure where this is. I also know dupot bridge ( haven't had much luck there when I was younger), Kingston mills and.......I think that all. I heard Gananaque is a good spot but I have no clue where to fish there.

Also question on gear... Now I'm not too knowledgable on what is or isn't needed. But I have medium rods, 8lb Berkeley fluorocarbon line and an ok box of tackle with mix things that I got from my old man back when I was a kid... Some stuff I don't even have a clue how to use properly. Is my line and rods good for most stuff? I usually keep my drag pretty light.

Another thing on gear... Pen fishing rods, has anyone tried one? I saw a youtube video were some guy reeled in a big carp on one. I'm thinking of getting one as I ride a motorcycle and was thinking of keeping a small kit in my backpack just incase I see an interesting spot to try.

Anyways, any help, tips are always welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:38 pm 
Walleye Angler

Steve, there are a few decent spots around Napanee that I have had luck at. The is an old launch at the end of King St that is good for shore fishing. (google it) just off Camden rd right near Highway 2 and Springside Park. The bottom side of the falls at Springside Park has nice walking trails and tonnes of shoreline to try.. Go near the little island (west) near the Centre St bridge, (pretty good for mixed fish.) Good luck, Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:33 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Shoreline Fishing around Kingston, Ontario
These are all within 15-20 minute drive (from downtown Kingston):
• The Collins Bay Pier off hwy 33 (Bath Rd just west of Collins Bay Rd) for LGM, Pike & carp. Also has a boat launch for small-med sized boats.
• Kingston Mills, top & bottom for Bass, Pike, carp, panfish & some crappie near the top.
Perch & Pike will do their spawning run up to the 1st lock. Perch have tended to be on the small side with the odd 8-10 incher.
Salmon will run up to the Power Station.
• 20 minute drive north on hwy 15 to the Lower Brewers Locks on the lower side for Pike, Bass, carp & panfish. Small boat launch on the north side.
• Dog Lake in Battersea. Take Montreal rd out of Kingston (turns into Battersea Road), into Battersea, over the small bridge, first right onto Wellington Street, follow 5 min to the end. You'll pass a public boat launch (called the Shipyards). Don't fish inside that small bay as its a Fish Sanctuary. At the end you can park your car at the turnaround and walk 5min through the pines to the point for Bass and Pike. Beautiful spot as the sun comes up, you’ll hear loons starting to cry...
• 30 Minute drive just NW of Sydenham at Gould Lake. This is a conservation area, please do visit the link for info. (Fee/permit parking.) Trails along both side of the lake allow you to hike in to a nice selection of Deep shoreline spots. Small/Largemouth bass and panfish. Canoe/kayak rentals available. This has become a new and favourite spot, scenic and quiet.
• Drive north on Division (turns into Perth Road) up to Opinicon Road (then drive east for a bit), or go further up to Buck Lake.
• 30 min drive from Kingston just past Gananoque off the 1000 Is. Parkway into Ivy Lea, fish off the immigration pier for Bass, Pike, Muskie, perch & Carp. Also on the parkway for nice perch early after ice-out. Good spots for bass, pike, catfish.
Google Maps is a great tool as well!

Lake Ontario near the KGH on King Street for Pike, some Bass, Perch and Carp.
The small bay next to the Dupont plant on Front Rd (King St. W.) for Pike, Carp & Bullhead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:33 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Tylercurt....gave some good Intel, the pier at Collins Bay is iffy but the bridge is a good spot, bridges are always good spots. The pier behind 1000 King has potential and the Amherst ferry dock as well.

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:26 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Nothing at the Amherst ferry dock, nothing there just keep driving by to the GLENORA FERRY.... again the GLENORA FERRY....LOL

Tim

banner ad