Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:38 pm 
Walleye Master

Sunday June 14th
2-7 pm
Picton harbour
$20 entry fee 100% pay back (50% 1st , 30% 2nd, 20% 3rd)
Draw prize for Navionics plus card and Vexilar Sonarphone. (FYI this is the new preloaded Nav plus card that is 16GB)

As stated above I'll be doing a walleye tournament out of Picton harbour on Sunday June 14th. Each team gets entered into a draw for the Nav+ card and the vexilar unit and cash is awarded based on the formula above to top 3 teams. See below for rules.

I'll be demonstrating how SonarCharts live works as well as how to record and upload your logs. This shouldn't take more then 30 min or so and then we will have a trickle start for the tournament. I will have my laptop there and physically export my logs from my Simrad NSS unit and upload them to Navionics so you can actually watch how quick and easy it is to do.

SonarCharts live is the instantaneous updating of your charts using the mobile app and either the vexilar sonarphone, go free wifi module, or the digital yachts wireless server. I have all three of these devices on the boat and can show how they work. You can also record and upload your sonarlogs to Navionics.com and that is what we did last year on West Lake for a SonarCharts event. Only 3 boats went out recording and look at the difference 2 hours of recording made on West Lake.

Before

Picture of my trails

After

Here is SonarCharts live in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFyYNBBCIFc

RULES:

1. This is for fun and a learning experience. It will be a laid back non hardcore tournament so come relaxed and ready to have some fun.
2. Combined weight of two walleye.
3. Live Release. Your fish must swim away after weigh in or it is Disqualified. I wont follow it around for 3 days to see if it lives but if it pops up two minutes after releasing it is disqualified (you know that now so no whining).
4. No limitation on team members. Come by yourself come with 5.
5. Rod limit of 3 or what your legal limit will allow. If you are alone you can only fish 1 rod. If you come with a team of 5 you can only fish 3 rods.
6. Ill add more rules as they are necessary. Bottom line is this is for fun and to learn a little about recording and uploading logs. The cash and prizes are only to make it alittle more fun not to cause problems so lets keep it fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

Last edited by West Lake Willows on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:03 pm 
Walleye Master

$20 each or per boat ? 4 fish limit or big fish event ? if i can find a partner i will be there.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:36 pm 
Walleye Master

Fireball,

I had to step away from my computer before I had the rules typed out. They are there now.

$20 per team. No limitation on team members but a team is limited to 3 rods.

Just 2 biggest fish as it is only a few hours long.

Hope to see you there as it should be a lot of fun. The vexilar sonarphone is a really cool unit and will be a great prize to someone and of course the Navionics plus card will be a phenomenal prize. As mentioned above it is the new 16GB Nav + so it is 8X larger then the current Nav plus card that is 2GB. It is a great score for someone and will be awarded via a draw so anyone who comes can win it.

I forgot to add I would like to save the sonar logs of whoever is willing to give them after the event. I will try and have SD cards for you to save the logs to and give them to me. This will improve the 1' contours on anywhere we fish.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:15 pm 
Walleye Master

Sorry, i beat you to it. looking forward to it. should be a great event, and eye opener for lots of on the mapping end.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:07 am 
Walleye Master

Thanks for the PM guys. If you are planning on coming just text me 613- 848-4213 or PM me and let me know. Just give me a rough idea on numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:31 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I am hoping you have some room for' last minute guys' is the ramp usable at picton?

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

Great afternoon on the water! The rain held off just long enough for all of us. Thanks again Scott. That banana seemed to do the trick ;)

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:35 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks Scott, will have to get into the mapping end of things, and have to add some navionics products to by future buy list.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:28 am 
Walleye Angler

Great info and tourney Scott , Folks Scott decided to plant a banana in my livewell !!! Well it actually brought our team ( myself , my son , fishingmagician ) good luck !! The rain was ok , my boat needed a good wash anyways .. Lol !! Thanks Scott for organizing and having the tournament ..

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:12 am 
Site Admin

That's funny. Catcher in sure u will return the favor someday

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:10 am 
Walleye Master

I somehow missed your repy Catcher. Congrats on winning the tourney and I can't believe you did it with a banana in your livewell!!!! I thought for sure I had sunk your chances of winning by placing that on your boat.

Anyway, thank you to all that came out. It was a fun little tourney that we will have to do again.

Scott

banner ad