Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Weeks report
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:15 am 
Walleye Catcher

Spent the majority of this week working the bay with a buddy. Fishing has been slow for the most part, for us anyway. Most of the areas that are usually producing fish this time of year are not. Every year is different out here, some years you are nailing them, others you are not. This year, so far for me has been tough fishing.

The fish seem scattered and not in any numbers. Even on the weed lines, they are far a few between. I suspect the sheeps are pushing them off the shoals in the belleville area. The other night i was over at Rush bar and you can hear the constant moan of the sheeps spawning in the water. If you listen on a calm day/evening, it sounds like a jet high above. When you hear this, move on !

Tue/Wed we spent our time in Belleville area working the usual spots hard. Petes pointe, cow island, Bagelite, Rush. Nothing ! Tons of sheep in all areas. We packed up and moved down to Big Bay area; ship wreck, blakely and big isl shoal, nothing there either. Did manage to find some fish over off Big Island. We picked up one and lost one immediately, nice 3 lb'er. Unfortunately, there were too many bass mixed in to keep working the area, so we packed it in.

Thu we spent the day around Deseronto thru Telegraph. My buddy picked up a nice 6lb'er right by the light house. Only 1 more after that that i lost at the boat. We didn't managed to fish the shorelines down long reach, rain was hard, this might be worth a try.

All in all, not great fishing. Lots of hours put in, but not much to show for it. Yesterday we spent the afternoon on West lake, but only managed a small one + lots of pike. All fish were caught on cranks and casting jigs (live targets, shad raps, flicker shads, white tubes).

Hopefully fishing will pick up for us soon ! Water is up ALOT in the last week and a half. Most of the areas that were out of the water are now submerged, so this is good news.

Hope someone else out there is having some good luck! If i don't get some fish soon, i might have to take up some of the prescription drugs that are prescribed on the forums here, either to ease the pain of poor fishing, or make it more enjoyable :)

cheers!
B

Post subject: Re: Weeks report
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:20 am 
Walleye Fry

Great Report Biff. Thank you.

bobby

Post subject: Re: Weeks report
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:29 am 
Walleye Wisdom

At Pointe Ann this morning caught 5 lost 2 other fish 1 was a walleye. Caught on jigs in the weeds.

banner ad