Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Re: Too obvious
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Every year this type of post comes up on here and other boards too. I've read it on bigfatbass and a couple other boards where pictures and names have been posted. It cast suspicions on those who maybe innocent. I've no doubt there are anglers who who break the laws. The best way to handle these types of situations is to report it and keep reporting it. If the MNR keeps receiving these reports about the same boat they will investigate it. They have a unmarked fishing boat they use for this purpose. When it gets posted on a forum it tips the offender off and the MNR looses an opportunity to bust them.
The other side to this is looks can be deceiving. I have caught walleye in june by sight fishing in very shallow water and im sure anyone who saw me would of thought i was fishing bass. A few yrs ago at pickerel park a guy showed me, in person, catching walleyes at the very back end of haybay in the lilypads with jigs in early june. Had i seen him there i would of thought for sure he was fishing OOS bass.
Another case in point. A few years back I was on the water and witnessed a fishing boat tucked in among some docks and casting to the edge of the them. In my mind they were fishing bass under the docks out of season. The set of docks they were fishing belong to a resort that advertises on here. A couple of weeks later i talked with the resort owner and asked them if they saw the incident. They had and went on to tell me about how that boat shows up there every year to catch good size crappie.
Point is there is no way to prove anything except by alerting the MNR and letting them handle it. I respectfully ask that people who see what might be illegal activities report them to the MNR/police and not post it here. Thanks

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
banner ad