Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Post spawn females
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:42 am 
Walleye

As every bass opener , I spent the day (5 hrs. Disabled angler day) fishing deep. We fished Carolina rigged lizards on the deep side of big island shoal . We fished the lizards slow and just dragged them sideways back to the boat as parallel as possible to the bottom. We managed 3 limits of good sized post spawners, with only 1 fish under 16 in. And 2 over 19in. . Actually the biggest 19 7/8 in. Was caught early on with a white spinnerbait. Only once did we have company , and they were from Tarawna ( Toronto for non southern ontario residents) and asked if we were walleye fishing out there and just at that moment I landed a walleye, so yes we are catching walleye here, he left after saying there should be bass here? Not every year is opening day successful for numbers and size of post spawn females but this year was! I hope everyone has a great season!

Post subject: Re: Post spawn females
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:32 pm 
Walleye

You seem like a friendly type to meet on the water. What's your problem if they are from Toronto.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:34 am 
Walleye

I was just making a point they were not local guys who may have some local knowledge. I have spent many years and hours and money finding these sweet spots not to give them up that easy. I did share the information on the board. If someone asks me something I will gladly tell them, but not when they turn around from full plane and drive right over to me and start asking questions when we are fishing our spot. Most anglers welcome the challenge of finding their own spots and working them, not just getting hand outs.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:33 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Wow :o

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:02 am 
Walleye

I used to think our hobby was an activity where sportsmanship was involved. You're guest probably looked at his GPS and saw your private spot had the structure to hold bass. BTW the bass hit everywhere Saturday.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:16 am 
Walleye Angler

jimdoglk wrote:
I used to think our hobby was an activity where sportsmanship was involved. You're guest probably looked at his GPS and saw your private spot had the structure to hold bass. BTW the bass hit everywhere Saturday.

Well I guess some are less friendly than others, I mean what would it have taken to be more accommodating, especially to an "outsider" . Its like some people think they own the water. Can't stand those types, they're better off just having a sign on they're boat saying "DONT TALK TO ME, I OWN THE LAKE"

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:16 am 
Walleye

Wow a little sensitive " men" ? I wasn't rude or anything to the guys just said I caught a walleye and then they left. Every weekend and this weekend no exception I speak with non residents who fish right in front of my dock. I never have harsh words and kindly answer any questions, but who am I? This past weekend as 7:00 hit two guys from Toronto fishing the bass champs caught 3 nice fish and we chatted and I said as usual I will let you guys fish here because I have all week to fish it. Maybe you should know what the situation is before you have an uneducated opinion about the situation.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

BOQBass, Thanks for sharing. The carolina rig is not one i have used in a long long time. I'll have to rig one up and giver a go. I didnt take your report to be rude towards anyone. I do agree that folks on the water are sometimes unaware of how their actions come across. I was out fishing saturday late afternoon with brother inlaw and father inlaw fishing bass off a weed bed not 20 yards from shore. A boat was trolling parallel to use in deeper water but only 100 ft away. We were the only 2 boats in the area when a 3rd boat comes down the bay and and instead of going wide around the only 2 boats in the area goes right between us. As i am looking at the guy driving by us he waves and im struck by how completely oblivious he is to how close he is driving by.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:17 pm 
Walleye

boqbass:

I appreciate your report on the deep water Carolina rig bite. Interesting and generous information to share.

However, please clarify your reply....are you saying you gave anglers permission to fish in front of your dock? You do understand that permission is not needed to fish there, correct?

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:19 pm 
Walleye

Sorry if I was misleading about fishing in front of my dock. I wasn't saying I gave them permission, I was saying I didn't fish there because they were there. The spot is generally a weekend community hole and I always fish elsewhere rather than crowd out somebody who may only get to fish once in a while. Most of the time I usually have a friendly chat with whoever and have met a couple of good guys from a local campground who fish it regularly. Over the past weekend I spoke with four different boats of happy anglers. Stop bye catch a fish and say hi!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:26 am 
Walleye Master

Glad to hear you had a great opener and thanks for sharing what was working for you. It was nice to see a report on the bass fishing opener. I took my 10 yr old son out on the Moira River in the canoe. We caught quite a few average bass for there but nothing worth bragging about. Funniest one was getting a 10 lb muskie on a wacky rigged worm.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:08 am 
Walleye

Good fishing report.

Re: the Toronto comment - the report could have done without it. It was a pointless shot at the GTA folk.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:34 am 
Walleye

toddyfish wrote:
Good fishing report.

Re: the Toronto comment - the report could have done without it. It was a pointless shot at the GTA folk.

I know eh, they already have it bad enough having to live there.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:58 pm 
Walleye

To answer the more positive post reply, great day Adventure with your son. That's making memories that last for both of you. My stepson wasn't an angler but all the grandkids love it! We have actually named a favorite particular worm for my granddaughter the Maddie worm, she picked them out at Bass Pro and heck they work! Can't wait till they get here!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:25 pm 
Walleye Master

When I first read this post I also thought it was great report. Couldn't really understand why other guys were upset by it. And yes, I am a GTA guy. Not Toronto, but even better.....The Shwaa........... 8) 8)

Thanks again for the report!!!!

P.S. ut_falcon.....I think your comment may have been the most ridiculous thing I have read on here in the last 4 years!!!!!

banner ad
banner ad