Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:31 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Took the neighbours out to fish on Monday and we hit Shermans, the High Shore and finally the Old Church area.

We landed three small eyes past the weedbed east of the Church Launch ramp, Shermans was void of anythiing, even the perch appear to be missing.

One of the eyes that hit the Uzixk Spinner was a 9 inch walleye, bodes well for upcoming stocks.

Fished on Thursday with another neighbour and we headed to Mallory Bay, trolled all around the weeds and the deep water, we hit two walleye, one was 17inches, heading for the fish fry.

Both fish on the Uzick Spinner.

Reports from others indicate a very slow bite, a report was someone had a limit last week jigging - don't know where - don't know when!!!!!!!

The water has risen in Hay Bay (the whole place is up) about a foot, raised my dock on Wednesday and it looks like everyone on Hay Bay will be doing the same this weekend (rain or not)

Stay Tuned - fishing with Grandsons after the 4th.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:35 am 
Site Admin

i noticed the water levels were up. Glad to see it as it wasnt looking good earlier in the season. They gotta turn on soon Dave.. You know you can always take up bass fishing and there's always a seat in the boat if you want to give it a whirl. I know I know aint gonna happen. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:35 am 
Walleye Catcher

Slow here too ! I catch the majority of the fish in June, but only a handful to my name. I feel it might be external pressures like mass amounts of sheep and shad that are contributing to the slow bite. There are now sooo many sheep in the bay that they stack up on the usually walleye spots (shoals). Most place that usually produce this time of the year are not.

I have had some pretty good luck on some of the other lakes like Wellers and West lake though on cranks.

thanks for the report though.

b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:16 pm 
Perch

Our group based out of Baycrest on Big Island, we have fished the Big Bay area for over 40 years,this was the trip of "no Walleye", however we landed some nice Bass and northern's that salvaged the trip.
The Bass averaged 2- 3 lbs. and the northern Pike were in the 8-10 lb range all caught close to shore and in heavy weed cover, with weedlees lures (Johnson silver minnow) with pork rind.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:39 pm 
Walleye Master

those are some great sized pike!!!

banner ad