banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: looking for a place
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:44 am 
Walleye Master

I grew up just south of Codrington. I used to fish with my Dad all along the Trent canal on the south side of Campbellford right beside hiway 30. We caught everything over the years from rock bass to channel cat to muskies all along there and is kid friendly.
There are multiple locks along the Trent both above and below Campbellford with many more areas around them to go explore. Locks 8, 9 and 10 along with Healy falls were a few of our favorites.
A bit more adventurous is Goodrich Loomis conservation area for trout, lots of trails to follow and find the holes in the creek but expect tangles and snags with younger kids. But it makes for a great day out exploring as well. Bring bugspray.
I never fished Seymour as that used to be our swimming hole after a days work off bringing in the hay but we always saw the panfish in there. Don't worry, the snakes are friendly.
And I don't think Brighton Bay off Ontario street from the docks at the launch was mentioned yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:54 am 
Guppy

adventure wrote:
I grew up just south of Codrington. I used to fish with my Dad all along the Trent canal on the south side of Campbellford right beside hiway 30. We caught everything over the years from rock bass to channel cat to muskies all along there and is kid friendly.
There are multiple locks along the Trent both above and below Campbellford with many more areas around them to go explore. Locks 8, 9 and 10 along with Healy falls were a few of our favorites.
A bit more adventurous is Goodrich Loomis conservation area for trout, lots of trails to follow and find the holes in the creek but expect tangles and snags with younger kids. But it makes for a great day out exploring as well. Bring bugspray.
I never fished Seymour as that used to be our swimming hole after a days work off bringing in the hay but we always saw the panfish in there. Don't worry, the snakes are friendly.
And I don't think Brighton Bay off Ontario street from the docks at the launch was mentioned yet.

Thanks for all the recommendations, we will definitely be trying these places out .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:08 am 
Walleye Master

Good luck wherever you end up. Don't forget to write some reports over the summer to let us all know how you make out one way or another. It's great to see the full circle of helping others out.

banner ad