banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:24 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Last summer at the Perfect Vue Derby, I was fortunate to win a Charter trip with Amherst Charters. Due to circumstances I wasn't able to use the charter for Fall Walleye.

Charter Capt - Rob Eves was kind and considerate to permit the use of the prize in 2015.

Mid July looked positive for my son to come to Kingston and we could use the the charter.

July 20th was accommodating for all concerned and Rob suggested we could add a fisherman, Laker John was also available to fish.

We crossed to Amherst Is and met Rob and headed to the dock to get underway. We were heading to the fishing grounds and arr'd out there at 0930. Rob got the rods set up and we hadn't been fishing for 10 mins when the downrigger rod fired.

My son who caught a lake trout in 1984 was first up and he was into a fish. Rob netted the fish after a good fight and it was a personal best for him.

That sure was great - we weren't skunked!!!!!!!!!!

Less than 10 mins later the rod fired again and I was hooked up with a fish. This fish was netted and quickly released sans pictures.

Laker John was next up and after a couple of tough battles was able land a fish - Perfect everyone has a fish landed.

The trolling continued and Dave hooked into a fish and the second rod fired - DOUBLE Header!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fight was hard and challenging, Rob netted Dave's fish and was able to think about mine. It was taking line and I had my hands full with this one. Finally, it appeared in the prop wash and it was a BIG one. Into the net and we have TWO PB's.

Rob & John both agreed mine was 25 or more and Dave's was an easy 15.

What a great start to the days fishing and it was only 1050 hrs.

The the three continued to rotate with fish being caught and released.

Dave was up again into a fish just after 1115. Another Nice Laker.

We trolled for almost 25 minutes before the rod fired and Laker John was into a fish. This one gave him quite a tussle and slipped the net under this beauty. Unfortunately, the lampreys had found it also. This one was over 15lbs also.

Shortly Dave landed another and released it, the down rigger rod appeared to quiver slightly and Rob said, "there's a fish there"

I took the rod and sure there was a fish but it wasn't like the others, in fact, we didn't need the net for this one. Rob's first salmon on the boat this year, nothing to write home about, but a salmon is a salmon. This one will honour us with a visit to our BBQ.

Rob asked us if we wanted to go to the island for lunch, but we decided that the fish were biting, so we stayed out and had some delicious salsa and chips.

We waited until 1300 before the rod fired and John was into another. A hard tough fight but it slid into Rob's net. Another double digit - at least 15lbs.

The winds picked up and we were battling four footers in an upwind troll, once past the spot Rob turned us downwind and around 1500 hrs, Dave was into another beauty, the fish gave a great fight and Rob put into the net. Dave had another PB, this one was over 20lbs.

Ten minutes after Dave landed his, I was up and took the rod from the rod holder and it was another big one.

We decided on "one More cast" and then hit the trail back to shore, while we watching the rod, it was bouncing and we thought a school of baitfish. After we decided to head to shore Rob pulled the line out of the rigger clip and there was a fish, Laker John landed one more lake trout.

What a day..... 12 for 20 (hits & lost fish). We were thrilled at the success shown to us by Rob Eves of Amherst Charters.

It was a day for all days fishing.

Our utmost thanks to Rob Eves of Amherst Charters for a super day on the water.

At the dock, we paused for a moment.

Laker John, Superdave and Superdad want to thank Rob Eves for a fabulous charter. Thank you so Much.

David aka Superdad

PS - Hopefully we can return next year with our friend from Calgary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:34 pm 
Walleye Master

Great day of fishing for you guys with a few PB's. Awesome!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:38 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Thanks for the great report. It was a real pleasure fishing with you guys. I have been looking forward to fishing with you after reading your reports on this board for so many years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:13 am 
Walleye

Now those are some nice lakers, great report!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:05 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Congrats guy's and good job Rob !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:24 am 
Walleye Fry

now thats what i call an awesome day on the water !!! wow some great fish.....thanks for sharing david....and congrats on everyone on the new pb's !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 am 
Walleye Catcher

Wow! Awesome fishing boys! Congrats on the PB's, those are all beauty trout!

Rob's got 'em dialed in :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:55 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Smiles says it all. Hats off to Captain Rob, for accommodating your date change.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:39 pm 
Walleye

Fantastic outing for sure, well done all around !!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:43 am 
Walleye Master

Well done Rob!! Smiling clients is what it's all about.

Great work Dave and company you sure out a beating on those fish. Lots of great memories. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:01 pm 
Walleye

A super day for Superdad and Superdave!

banner ad