Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:27 pm 
Walleye

Fished this lake last week while staying at Fernleigh's lodge located in Cloyne in the Land O'Lakes area. It is a fairly clear lake over 14 kms from end to end with several islands. The west end is shallow, averaging 10 ft (apparently with stumps) and East is deeper, the deepest being about 70 ft. I snorkled in front of Fernleigh and saw the shoreline was rocky 20 ft out, then dense floor weeds would start with drop-offs. My stay there with my family was great, accommodations are basic and hosts tried to help when they could. Fishing was so-so, because I only had 2 short mornings to fish for bass and pike and thus could not explore much with my 9.9 hp tinny. My daughters had a blast of time catching scads of rock bass and sunfish in front of docks and shallow weed areas though. Fernleigh gives out nifty maps with bass, pike and walleye spots marked; not all spots produce and would be most pressured so you would have to strike out on your own at unmarked spots. There are several other lodges on the lake and I notice most fishermen zip east. Bass are caught with leech-splitshot combo bounced off at 14’ bottoms or with Senkos and spinnerbaits. Our cottage neighbour targeted bass and from his numbers, he seems to get 8-10 bass per day and would be gone all day. He has fished the lake a few time before and said it was better last year. As for walleye, I talked to another guy who fishes the lake often and seems to catch walleye by accident with Senkos and spinnerbaits in weeds; he has caught 4 lb bass and big pike. The lake has potential, many nice spots to try out with a variety of fish.

banner ad