Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:20 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What do you think the series should be
Leave it as is 22%  22%  [ 11 ]
Largemouth only 61%  61%  [ 30 ]
Don't care don't tourney fish 16%  16%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 49
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 pm 
Goby

As a guy buying his first bass boat and looking for series to fish next season I would vote large mouth only would attract me.... Would not likely fish the mixed events

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:40 am 
Walleye Master

i don't fish the series, and I love largies, but I don't think it makes sense to make the entire series Large Mouth only.

BUT what could be done is restrict the boundaries to the ferry.

Simply put, no Lake Ontario...its a Quinte series.

Last edited by steve-hamilton on Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:16 pm 
Walleye Angler

Steve I can see no benefit to a boundary as who will police it, and see no disadvantage to opening the lake for Largemouth.
Just my friendly 2 cents

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Hey Shelly,
The disadvantage is to the guys who can figure out the smallies in the bay. If you make the ferry a cut off then guys can fish smallies. I hear your point about policing. How is the no locking through rule policed? I think I heard a while ago that one of the tourist associations was working on a live feed webcam of the ferry area. Don't know when that will happen so that might be able to be policed. Policing cheating is pretty hard to do. if a team wants to cheat they can drop a cage anywhere and go get it. It's pretty sad they would risk their reputations and never be able to fish a tournament again if caught.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

not starting a smallies war but good luck on figuring out the smallies they come on fast and go fast and not very consistently and in certain areas ,
didn't mention anything about cheating and definitely would hope no one would do so!!
Hate to confine anybody to the Bay only
figuring out the smallies (more time on the water )if you find them, and most people in our tournaments cant afford or have time to be on the water 5 days a week
Simplest and easiest in my mind is still as I stated previously
Largies only Lake open easiest to govern by the committee and hopefully draw more people into the QFSeries as then they feel they can compete

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:19 pm 
Guppy

I think large mouth only is a great idea, plus there could be more one day tournaments and cut out walleye

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:39 pm 
Guppy

Shelly this is the reason I have not done the last two tournaments as far as I feel that I cant compete to bring in a 24lb plus bag of large mouth in that I would get in the bay. I do not have the now how to do the lake so I am some what restricted to the bay.I just feel that it is a good thing to keep it to large mouth only that way it is a equal playing field for all the anglers
this is my thoughts and I also have talked to other people that did not do the last 2 tournaments as they to did not want to just contribute there money to the cause without a chance of winning
steve nix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:53 pm 
Baitfish

I feel it should be large mouth only and the lake should be open. As far as policing it at the fairy to me that is an impossibility due to the size of the area,if anyone reported a red white boat or any other color or make past the fairy on tournament day, any one that weighted in a big bag of fish with the same color or make would be a suspect for cheating, even though the boat reported might not of even been in the tournament.
As far as running to the lake goes pretty well every boat that fishes the QFS could do it, but it is not that simple, you can get there but when you do can you be competitive. With out mega time and a healthy supply of money and the willingness to suck up the costs of repairs I don't think so. It takes as long to learn the lake as it does the bay, maybe even longer due to the weather.
It is a shame to have to forgo the smallies in the bay, all you can do is look at them the same way you would a walleye on tournament day fun to catch but of no value to you that day.
That way the playing field will be as even as it will ever be, because whoever can spend alot of time on the water learning, will always do well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

Shelly, no you didn't mention cheating. I was referring to your point about policing a cut off point. Good discussions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:44 pm 
Walleye

Largemouth only lake open is a great idea. I love how everyone is voicing there opinions and how Dan is listening. With all the attention the post is getting I'm surprised there's not more votes. It would be interesting to here the opinions of the guys that make the big runs for the smallies.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:33 pm 
Walleye

This is such a great discussion. I really hope all of this is taken into consideration. This has been a sore spot for alot of people for quite a few years now.
My understanding is when the QFS first started it was just a bunch of smaller boats full of guys just having a good time. Obviously advancements in technology have changed things a bit and while I have the boat that could easily manage the run to the lake I dont have the wallet to handle it. Lets face it with the entry fees and gas to go to the lake there is just no way it makes sense for the blue collar guy to even bother entering if he isnt willing to spend not just the money for that day but hundreds of dollars it takes to prefish. Its an investment most of the population cant afford to make.
In my opinion its time to make the change. Largies only and fish wherever the hell you want is the way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:43 am 
Baitfish

I think largemouth only will help reduce the mortality rate of the fish that go over the scales at the QFS. As far as the ferry being a cut off point why not the QFS doesn't police locking.

Post subject: Quinte fishing series
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:58 pm 
Walleye Angler

Not much to gain by locking though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:44 am 
Walleye

If the Quinte series went to largemouth only I would 100% commit to the whole series for as long as the series is running. I also have the boat that can make the run out to the big lake no problem but like other's have said its the cost of fuel and oil. Last season my partner and I fished the one day event at the end of July and we had a weight of 19.81 that was good for 5th place. In most tournaments 9 times out of 10 that weight would get you into the top 3spots so that just goes to show how tough it is to compete with the smallies in the big lake.

RangerZ20[size=200][color=#0040FF][/color][/size]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:45 am 
Walleye

wrighty52 wrote:
This is such a great discussion. I really hope all of this is taken into consideration. This has been a sore spot for alot of people for quite a few years now.
My understanding is when the QFS first started it was just a bunch of smaller boats full of guys just having a good time. Obviously advancements in technology have changed things a bit and while I have the boat that could easily manage the run to the lake I dont have the wallet to handle it. Lets face it with the entry fees and gas to go to the lake there is just no way it makes sense for the blue collar guy to even bother entering if he isnt willing to spend not just the money for that day but hundreds of dollars it takes to prefish. Its an investment most of the population cant afford to make.
In my opinion its time to make the change. Largies only and fish wherever the hell you want is the way to go.

Couldn't agree more..

RangerZ20[size=200][color=#0040FF][/color][/size]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
banner ad