banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: port hope salmon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:35 am 
Minnow

Anyone have any info on the salmon in port hope ? are they running up the river yet?
making the trip from ottawa and wanted to know if it was time or if i should wait a few more weeks? Any info would be appreciated..... thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: port hope salmon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:19 am 
Walleye Fry

Went down last Thursday night...Sat on lawn chair and drank 2 beers! Caught none so went home!
Going down again tonight for another swipe at em. I'll let you know tomorrow. There are a few up at the ladder though so there must have been a small run some time? Suppose to get warm again so thet may actually drive them back to lake again?

To be continued!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:43 am 
Minnow

Kevin:

Thanks for the info very helpful hope you do much better second time around be interested to know how you did hope to hear about your next mission look forward to your reply.....thanks again....So i guess i should bring a 24 lol

Ps : hope i got your name right ...?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:45 am 
Walleye Angler

I took a few drives over lately , and like Kevin said, theres some at the dam, I was thinking they came in with the last rain, didn't see any in the rest of the river during my short walks, currently the water is fairly low, on the weekend,a scattering of the "many" boats that were out...were fishing in closer to shore so I guess their starting to stage....I will be fishing there soon once another substantial rain falls, possibly after next week, which is forcast as mainly dry and warm.This weekend its a trip North for Brook Trout. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:56 pm 
Minnow

Littledog:

thanks for the info i guess i will wait a couple of weeks and see if we get a good rain hopefully things will improve might have to bring the boat and try my luck at the mouth ,,,,thanks again muchly appreciated ...............DAN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:45 am 
Walleye Fry

Yep, sounds like littledog and i are on same page!
Well, it turned out as an instant replay of last week. Maybe slightly better as we did have two attempts at setting the hook and a few more drive by's nut no hook ups! (Also seen a few surface)

They were however hooking up out on the pier and the boats were literaly trolling at the mouth. It's going to be a s**t show when they all decide to make a run for it at the same time. From what i hear we're expecting some hot weather in the next few days so who knows, they may stage there for another week?? We need a couple cool nights with a down pour in there, then it'll be game on!
I'll try to keep you posted! I just live up from the damn and always walk my dogs along the river so keep a pretty good watch on things!

cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:20 am 
Minnow

Kevin......

Sure wish i was living there and do appreciate you keeping me up to date. Might have to meet you when i'm down there and buy you a few beers. I will watch the weather closely and go from there but will look forward to hearing from you again.....thanks again ! ,,,,DAN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:43 pm 
Walleye

The piers were packed with people and boats are all in shallow. About 100 or so up at the ladder when I checked on Friday. Saw a guy this am walking off the east pier with 2 salmon in tow. A good rain will really bring them in

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:09 pm 
Walleye Angler

just got back from 3 day trip and no fish in the river I mean zero
pier fisherman were hooking up steady both east and west casting toward the lake
unsure how they are able to actually cast a rod with 100 people shoulder to shoulder lol
take you boat 40 to 60 fow and drive I was hitting over a dozen each each day!!!
we had 2 doubles but the highlight was a triple header with 3 people in the boat!!
cheerz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:44 am 
Walleye Fry

Not much to update...same as before! Few more up at the damn but still not much of anything in river!

I'll be heading down again tomorrow night to see if they're picking up or not! I'll fill you in Friday on how i made out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:20 am 
Minnow

Thanks Kevin look forward to more reports from you ,,,, nice to know whats going on down there since i'm far from there and can't check myself!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:37 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Last night I boated roughly 15kings took 20 or so bites in 3 hours of fishjn. We were in 70-80 fow. They will be in the river within the week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:23 pm 
Minnow

pk thanks for the info sounds like you had a good outing will head there soon !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:43 pm 
Walleye Angler

pickerel killer wrote:
Last night I boated roughly 15kings took 20 or so bites in 3 hours of fishjn. We were in 70-80 fow. They will be in the river within the week.

did I have a lot of action on my 2 rods lol
adult beverages Tomorrow to Monday see you there cheerz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:35 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

When I passed PortHope, this am on the train, there must have been 50 boats off the mouth.

Lotsa luck

David aka Superdad

banner ad