Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:56 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:14 am 
Walleye

There is a launch at sand hurst shores but it might be just for the residents of sand hurst. Maybe someone on here knows.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:52 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Swiftdeer wrote:
There's also the ramp at the camp ground on the north shore of Adolphe reach near lions Island. Loyalist family campground I believe. It's free of charge, protected in the bay, great ramp with lots of parking. I often put my yak in there, great for bass.
Thank Swiftdeer!
It's exactly what we need. I did not know about it.
Thanks also for other members who suggested 2 other locations.

Ramp east of Ferry dock is very hard to use if wind blows from west directions.

Also we have a topic with boat launches map. Who can modify this map to add new emergency boat ramps?

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:06 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Swiftdeer wrote:
There's also the ramp at the camp ground on the north shore of Adolphe reach near lions Island. Loyalist family campground I believe. It's free of charge, protected in the bay, great ramp with lots of parking. I often put my yak in there, great for bass.

This ramp is very shallow though, the dock is out now and you have to back in aways to unload, I have a 14 ft and I wouldn't launch anything bigger there. If the wind is blowing from the west or the south it can be a pain to load and unload as well as it is on the north shore of the reach,Bring your rubber boots...lol
Tim

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:55 pm 
Guppy

I would love to see the municipality work with large corporations with the intentions to benefit the community as a whole.
The wind turbine project for Amherst Island has plans for a dock to be built across from jim snow drive at bath road (the very eastern edge of celanese property). it would be fantastic if the municipality has the foresight to work with the corporations and plan for an eventual take over of the property once the project is done. I believe it would be much easier, from a township point of view, to budget for a purchase of property instead of the development of a new project. So instead of fighting these projects lets start the conversation now to benefit in the future. lets see if the township can be left with a product that would be usable for the recreational boater. the celanese property south of bath rd is a very large area that could easily be transformed into a facility like George st. if there was already a dock available.
I'm not starting a wind turbine debate, if the dock is going to be built for temporary use for the project lets make it permanent for the residents.

http://www.thewhig.com/2015/03/23/shipp ... ip-council

Let's have somebody else pay to build the dock and leave it for the residents to use.

banner ad
banner ad