Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nov 21,22 trip
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:40 am 
Goby

Just joined but have been reading posts regularly for the past several years. Have been working over the summer restoring my boat. 196 Princecraft
Finished the new floor and upolstery and I am thinking to head down to picton this weekend to try for some eyes. I have some property in the county near Northport and have been fishing the narrows for the past few years in spring. I intend to fish saturday until early afternoon and then agian sunday morning

I have planer boards , a good selection of crank baits and not much experience with fall fishing. If anyone can offer some adivce..much appreciated. Saturday afternoon I may try my luck deer hunting .. Maybe there is someone out there with experience that would like to join my buddy and I out on the water this weekend.. anyway hoping for calm waters and some bites..

Post subject: Re: Nov 21,22 trip
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:12 am 
Goby

Hi, my name is Stan; I have been fishing the bay area for some time now, however not much success now that the shad have come in. They show on the screen as a blob;

Most amglers troll at 1.8 to 1.9 mph. and use tail dancers (rapala) TDD-11 size. Best place to buy- Sail - $11.49 ea.
AS to where to fish, Picton Bay is a good place to start; work 30 plus depth; A lot of boats work Adolphus Reach past Glenora Ferry and even east to Bath. Go on the internet and google navionics, find sa map that you can survey the area you want to fish and it will show the depths. you can move the map by dragging your mouse and inlarge by cliking + sign. Good luck, stay safe,,Stan

banner ad